Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 11:44:12 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingFort Triumph - Turn Based Tactics RPG
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Fort Triumph - Turn Based Tactics RPG  (Read 1098 times)
adamzeira
Level 0

View Profile
« on: March 26, 2015, 08:02:32 PM »

Fort Triumph is a Turn Based Tactics RPG inspired by XCOM with the intention of creating a game with the amazing combat gameplay of XCOM, and add things of our own to it like terrain manipulation, kicking enemies into water, obscuring fog, lava, boulders, collapsible pillars, etc.

Screenshots

The playable demo (in webGL, which is a bit clunky but easily openable)
http://forttriumph.com

PC version on dropbox, which I think is much more fun
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/78910228/Fort%20Triumph%2029-4.zip

Would love to hear any and all feedback, and especially from fans of the genre. I'm working on the core gameplay of cover systems / overwatch and trying to make that as fun as possible before adding various abilities (think of it as the first few levels of XCOM, before you have high level units with various skills), any feedback into what would make it more fun is greatly appreciated!

Also looking for artists to join the project. 90% the art is made by me (and it shows), the direction is for it to be hand painted and more playful. If it sounds interesting and you'd like to hear more, definitely drop me a PM

Thanks!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 09:02:43 PM by adamzeira » Logged
krzysiek
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 03:12:41 AM »

I noticed this bug:

Also place grid slighlty higher (e.g. add 0.001f to y coordinate) because when you move camera tiles are flickering.

Anyway, nice game, keep going. Smiley
adamzeira
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 09:58:04 AM »

thanks man!
that bug was driving me insane. it happened since the unity 5 upgrade, and made things look so sloppy. I guess they changed some ways either the model importing or shaders worked and didn't tell anyone. anyway - fixed! though the male warrior highlighting still looks a little weird, it's at least not as bad
adamzeira
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 06:35:32 AM »

Uploaded a new version, some UI and gameplay changes

Hopefully things are clearer now. working on the strategic layer
adamzeira
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2015, 06:17:44 AM »

Uploaded with randomly spawned levels, enemies, new strategic map. class advancement and mission difficulties

any feedback welcome
adamzeira
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2015, 02:32:52 PM »

new version. working towards making the game presentable to streamers so they'll make a video instead of me. but it has to be more fun first

Changes
- improved camera movements (still needs work, but better than before)
the idea behind the camera movements is to make it clearer when enemies are activated. I think it's getting there.. maybe could add something like the enemy type when they're encountered, as it's not clear if they're a warrior or an archer
- fixed stuck bugs (there's still one, but I'll get 'im)
- dropbox version

Small practical things to add
- add a simple "take cover" ability for everyone that reduces chance of getting hit / damage. can also be used to convey using the action menu
- difference between goblin warriors and archers shown when they activate
- explain how attacks of opportunity work (when you move next to a melee character, they get an attack of opportunity, but this isn't explained anywhere)
- explain how overwatch works (hold right click on an archer character -> select overwatch)
- explain cover is necessary (there is text but people ignore it)

More novel changes, things I need before sending to a youtuber or something to make a normal video
- better AI - I think will make the gameplay much more fun. have lots of ideas but this takes a little while
- Sound
- showing sight range, move range, and overwatch ranges in a cleaner way - the more I think about this the more the xcom system is pretty perfect (just a non-intrusive line). it's doable, but if I do this the resemblence will be so big the game might look like a chinese ripoff
adamzeira
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2015, 09:34:36 AM »

- Changed the way cover works so enemies can be seen when cover "blocks" them from one direction, as if they're "peeking" over to fire and be seen. still needs work, has a few bugs
- Rotation is now smooth
- Hover explanation for icons on the bottom left. hopefully it's understandable they're not pressable
- A bunch of background fixes
adamzeira
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2015, 07:42:25 AM »

New video up, lots of small changes
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic