Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411418 Posts in 69362 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: timothy feriandy

April 17, 2024, 05:20:49 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessDiscover YouTube - guide for indies!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Discover YouTube - guide for indies!  (Read 5122 times)
YouTube4Indies
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2015, 11:29:39 AM »

Thanks! It was huge in terms of newsletter subscriptions and overall visibility. Glad people enjoy my work.
Garrent
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2015, 01:53:47 AM »

Why don't you turn the data into a webpage? That way people won't have to sign up and can add options like only showing large and/or english speaking youtubers.
YouTube4Indies
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2015, 09:18:54 AM »

Garrent: I want people to actually make an effort and people I hope to interact with, not just numbers in my google analytics report. As for things like youtuber's language etc. - everything's in the backlog, but will be added soon. I'm also providing excel spreadsheet, so that you can easily filter everything you need Smiley
oldblood
Level 10

...Not again.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2015, 11:02:33 AM »

Awesome work you're doing so far. Keep it coming.

YouTube4Indies
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2015, 04:16:13 AM »

Thanks man! E-mails and channels' languages update coming this week FINALLY! Smiley
Paragonyx
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2015, 05:38:49 PM »

Thank you very much for this resource!

I subscribed and am looking forward to the insights.

- Alexis

Paragonyx.com | Facebook | Twitter | Tumblr |
YouTube4Indies
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2015, 10:15:54 AM »

Hey Alexis, Thank you for your support!

I've published a new article on Gamasutra where I discuss similarity between Start-ups and Indie Gamedeve marketing. You guys might be interested Smiley

http://bit.ly/yfigam03
joe_eyemobi
Level 3

Fledgling Indie Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2015, 07:16:26 PM »

Thanks for the great list!  Have you thought about adding twitch streamers to the list?

YouTube4Indies
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2015, 09:57:16 PM »

Hey guys! Sorry for being afk for a couple of days - #reallifeissues ;d

Hi joe_eyemobi - thank you for your question! Yes, I have thought about it and I hope to do it in the future. Unfortunately, at the moment it's extremely difficult for me to acquire certain data to not only insert Twitch accounts, but also their statistics, friends, descriptions etc.

If there's anybody out there with Python/JavaScript skills available for pro bono work I would be able to add plenty of data I am unable to add now Smiley

Remember to sign up for my newsletter and/or check my latest Gamasutra articles Smiley

New article coming tomorrow!
jeremiah
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2015, 10:31:02 AM »

Interesting project. I understand requiring sign up to get access to the contacts and I even get the weekly marketing emails, but I don't quite understand the reasoning behind only getting access to the contacts through the weekly emails. Oh well, I guess I am just impatient.

Also, one big advantage that VideogameCaster has is genre info. I certainly don't want to be contacting youtubers who couldn't possibly have an interest in my game. Any plans for adding that kind of stuff (not sure if it's feasible to automate)?

Golden Krone Hotel - a vampire roguelike - dev log
YouTube4Indies
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2015, 12:26:01 PM »

Hey jeremiah!

Why do I require a sign-up? Because I want people and not only pure Google Analytics numbers. Also, I want it to be a bit more "exclusive" than most of the lists available on the Internet because in a couple of weeks I will be able to finally provide more value than all of them combined. So to answer your last question, yes I am planning to add genres, platforms, languages, e-mails, bunch of statistics etc. but it takes time.

This week's list will see a big update. I've also finally came up with a solution to crunch certain numbers much quicker.

Also, just posted a new article on Gamasutra - Marketing games with no budget
YouTube4Indies
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2015, 10:55:14 PM »

So, to make a quick update - still working on the list. New update will be released on Thursday as always Smiley

I've been drifting away from the YouTube articles for a moment, but I promise they will start appearing again really soon! Today, I'm talking about preparing your Kickstarter project Smiley

xier
Level 1

Totes mah goats

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2015, 01:13:50 PM »

thanks this is really great! i'm in the middle of prepping for our campaign and found your points very helpful xD

Currently working on: www.dragonoflegends.com
Feel like connecting? {Twitter}{Facebook}
YouTube4Indies
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2015, 12:44:45 PM »

Thanks man! Glad my work helped you a bit. Good luck with your project!
DanglinBob
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2015, 06:01:24 PM »

I'm signed up and looking forward to seeing if my own personal list is missing anyone you have! Smiley
YouTube4Indies
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2015, 02:16:11 AM »

Hope you'll find some useful information there. Thanks for +1 sub!
YouTube4Indies
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2015, 10:37:02 AM »

Hey guys!

My second article about marketing games with no budget is here! http://bit.ly/yfinobudget2
YouTube4Indies
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2015, 02:10:35 AM »

Hey guys,

I've finally finished working on Alpha and went live with BETA of my newsletter. Added sooo many features: genres played, e-mails, covered platforms. Great time to subscribe Smiley

Also, my last article got featured on Gamasutra's main page: http://gamasutra.com/blogs/AlbertPalka/20150512/243191/Marketing_games_with_no_budget_2.php
xier
Level 1

Totes mah goats

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2015, 05:49:51 AM »

oo awesome update, congrats!!

Currently working on: www.dragonoflegends.com
Feel like connecting? {Twitter}{Facebook}
YouTube4Indies
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2015, 03:00:44 AM »

Thanks man! My newsletter also grew to over 400 subscribers yesterday. We're steadily growing every week. You can join is too! SIGN UP TODAY.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic