Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411511 Posts in 69375 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 12:09:08 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioLatest song for my album, would love some feedback!!!!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Latest song for my album, would love some feedback!!!!  (Read 1215 times)
SanctusAudio
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« on: March 28, 2015, 06:01:21 PM »

Ok guys, so this is a music expression of Genesis 1. Would love to know what you guys think. I'm not done with the final mastering but as far as the composition, its done! Thanks in advance! Smiley

https://soundcloud.com/jacob-kauble/ex-nihilo-bara
IonForceStudio
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 02:49:37 PM »

Hi, Is hard to say something about music when I don`t know what for u make it Smiley
In my opionion good music is about 50% the end result of game, so it should fit to the game (style, speed etc).

But if you are just learning it seams to be good Wink keep work.
What program did you use?

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2015, 03:13:33 PM »

Seems to be FL Studio according to the tags.

This isn't really my type of music but no doubt does it have great production value. It's professional and it's objectively good, so to say. Just not my cup of tea.

So yes, it's good. Wink

SanctusAudio
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2015, 07:42:03 PM »

Thank you guys for the input Smiley...and yes I use flstudio as the tracker as well as various vst programs.
IonForceStudio
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2015, 03:30:42 AM »

np
Is the flstudio free?

SanctusAudio
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2015, 10:40:21 AM »

No, flstudio is not free. They have versions cheaper than other ones though.
Barendhoff
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2015, 01:39:05 PM »

Good stuff! It reminds me somewhat of this track by a French band...where is it...

!

Are you still doing mixing and mastering on your track? I'd suggest giving some of your VST instruments a more natural fade-out, especially in the intro. The synth at 1:30-35 could be slightly lower, imo, as well as the dissonant choir in the final part. (Speaking of dissonance and djent, have you ever checked out

? And is that the Requiem choir I'm hearing?)

Anyway, well done, the track remains interesting throughout its duration!

SanctusAudio
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2015, 09:11:13 PM »

Good stuff! It reminds me somewhat of this track by a French band...where is it...

!

Are you still doing mixing and mastering on your track? I'd suggest giving some of your VST instruments a more natural fade-out, especially in the intro. The synth at 1:30-35 could be slightly lower, imo, as well as the dissonant choir in the final part. (Speaking of dissonance and djent, have you ever checked out

? And is that the Requiem choir I'm hearing?)

Anyway, well done, the track remains interesting throughout its duration!

Yup I sure am still doing the mixing. What you are hearing on soundcloud is actually pre-mastered version. I am in the final stages of mastering all of the tracks. Thank you for the compliments. I'm going to post the full album up after its finished. No I have not heard of Nemertines.
Barendhoff
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2015, 03:00:04 AM »

Alright, good luck with the finishing touches!

SanctusAudio
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2015, 08:25:23 AM »

Thank you Smiley I am trying to get it out in the next few weeks or so
medieval
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2015, 09:36:29 AM »

It is a good track, definitely. I have one suggestion:

You make use of very fast melodies/arpeggios, and they fit well with the composition but they're a bit loud. It would probably be best if you turn down the volume on those and give the rest of the instruments a bit more space. Also, I'd ramp up the guitars! This song could definitely feel heavier that way (if that's what you're going for)

I enjoyed listening!  Smiley
SanctusAudio
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2015, 10:48:13 PM »

It is a good track, definitely. I have one suggestion:

You make use of very fast melodies/arpeggios, and they fit well with the composition but they're a bit loud. It would probably be best if you turn down the volume on those and give the rest of the instruments a bit more space. Also, I'd ramp up the guitars! This song could definitely feel heavier that way (if that's what you're going for)

I enjoyed listening!  Smiley

Thank you for your kind words! Smiley I also agree with you on that mixing issue. The track you hear on soundcloud is actually a rough draft. I am currently in the final mixing/mastering phase and that was actually on the check list.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic