Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 08:42:47 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsNightmareZ - A Side-Scrolling Platform Action Game[GREENLIT And Released]
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: NightmareZ - A Side-Scrolling Platform Action Game[GREENLIT And Released]  (Read 2958 times)
AMAXANG-GAMES
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: March 29, 2015, 01:20:14 AM »

Hello everybody,

Announcement: NightmareZ is now available for 70% off on Steam on account of Steam Summer Sale Event. Get it now here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/509930/NightmareZ/
NightmareZ development is finished and only a few minor updates will be available. I have already moved on to the next project. Thank you!
My Upcoming project: Keatz The Lonely Bird: https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=61003.0
NightmareZ is a side scrolling platform action game with many fancy features, multiple enemies and retro visuals.

Trailer:

Features of NightmareZ:

-Completely story driven
-13 large scenarios!
-Challenging situations and hard to master
-A wide range of characters, modern machines and deadly traps.
-Wide range of equipment including ammo, health box and energy box.
-Open locked doors by collecting keys!
-4 unique and powerful bosses!
-More than 2 hours of GamePlay!
-Laser system and Laser bullets to avoid!
-Very Fast Paced game keeping you busy all the time!
-Avoid Saws, Giant blades, and Medium sized blades!  
-Die for about million times!

What others think about NightmareZ:

OnaxNinja said, " its actually pretty fun! Yeah man for sure, I had a good time with it and bought it today. :D"

The Gaming Collective said, "IT'S LIKE SONIC... .BUT IT'S NOT!"[Youtuber's review]

Coder Musgrove said, "I think it's pretty good. I will admit I get frustrated easily, and I found the game to be difficult (which isn't a bad thing). NightmareZ by @AmaxangGames! Reminds us of an old retro game!"[Youtuber's Review]

Screenshots and Gifs:

ABOUT THE GAME:
The main character of the game is a demon with unusual demonic energy. This is a platform game in which the player dies for unlimited number of times during the operation. If the player loses its health completely, then, his death is inevitable. Once the player dies, the game is over.
It is somewhat a retro platform action game with fast paced actions with quick jumping and shooting abilities for the player.

According to the game story, this is the time when the whole world is consumed by darkness and the human beings met its extinction. The ghosts and evil spirits manifested themselves in the world of darkness. However, there is a small speck of light of HOPE in the mind of the demon whose family members had been slaughtered five years ago. Now, he seeks for revenge. But in the climax of the story, he unexpectedly met his big brother whom he had never seen. He used to heard about his brother's abilities and gruesome demonic power. The battle against the evil begins. Razor, who is the main character as well as the powerful demon, get involved in this battle with great spirit and enthusiasm.

Follow Me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/AmaxangGames

DEVLOG:
31st July, 2016:
NightmareZ has finally got greenlit! Now's the time to prepare for the release on Steam as soon as possible. If you are interested in this game and want it to be improved please share your thoughts or suggestions in the comments below. Thanks!

29th May, 2016:
NightmareZ is now on Steam Greenlight. If you want NightmareZ on Steam, please vote yes. Smiley
17th March, 2016:
I have started developing the final two levels of the game, NightmareZ. I keep adding more and more features. I will soon upload some screenshots and gameplay videos of those levels before V1.2.3 is released.

24th  November, 2015:
The new version contains more features, improved lighting effects, added enemies, bots and traps, and much more!
5th October, 2015:
Finally, the time has come to change the parts of NightmareZ indie game. I have already started redesigning the existing levels and designing and adding new levels! There are too many features in the game already and I am now modifying the lighting effects in the game and I will keep providing updates from time to time.

29th June, 2015:
I have added a new enemy, a centipede, and a flying creature. There are U-Magnets which control the movement of saws in respective directions. Check out the development blog for more updates!

25th June, 2015:
I am now working on NightmareZ V1.2 and it is at Beta stage. I am hoping to release V1.2 soon. You can visit the devlog(Link given above) to follow the game progress.

Thank you.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 08:32:07 PM by AMAXANG-GAMES » Logged

AMAXANG-GAMES
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 05:34:21 AM »

Finally, Game Over system and a new level designing have been completed. I wish to share it here.

The level designing takes most of the time. I have created the ground(platform) tile sets for this. However, I have finished a new level designing. The screenshot is given below:

I have also worked on Game Over system in the game. It is animated but I am adding only the screenshot of it.

Future planning:
I will add more enemies and introduce more levels. I am working full time on it.

AMAXANG-GAMES
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2015, 08:27:03 AM »

Today, I have designed a new level which is known as The Eye of Hell. This is a dark level. Here, is the screenshot which shows the new level.
There are some new enemies in the level with saw, electric current, and deadly blades.

Thank you.
Comments and Feedback is always welcome.

AMAXANG-GAMES
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2015, 05:53:28 PM »

I have completed the story line. However,some parts of it will be modified a bit. Here is a screenshot from one of the storyline dialogues.

This game is completely story driven. The story has been framed in such a way that it arises queries in the mind of the player at the end.

Please post feedback if you like the game.

AMAXANG-GAMES
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2015, 08:17:51 AM »

Finally, the game trailer has been released. You can now watch video trailer before the game is released.

Watch the game trailer here:

Thank you.

AMAXANG-GAMES
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2015, 09:18:25 PM »

Demo version of NightmareZ is available. Download it for free here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/aq5ooqdzui20255/NightmareZ_Demo.zip

Thank you.

AMAXANG-GAMES
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2015, 06:36:21 PM »

Hi everyone,

This game has now been released. You can purchase this game for as low as $4.99. If you are interested in purchasing this game please visit the link: http://www.amaxang-games.com/2015/04/nightmarez-full-version-indie-roguelike.html

If you purchase it now, all future updates including the final version of the game will be free for you!

Thank you.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 03:16:18 AM by AMAXANG-GAMES » Logged

AMAXANG-GAMES
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2015, 03:46:13 AM »

NightmareZ game has got two reviews from Youtubers.

You can view them here:

1. Review By Michael Musgrove:

This game has got overall 90% Ratings out of 100%.

2. Review by The Gaming Collective:

Watch the Game Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kPb6hWBsL8

Get Full Version game for only $4.99: http://www.amaxang-games.com/2015/04/nightmarez-full-version-indie-roguelike.html

I am now working on NightmareZ for improving the game. So, I have added a new feature recently. The player now has the capability to shoot eight bullets at once while rotating in the air. Here is a gif image which you can view.

Follow my devlog: http://anamikmajumdar.blogspot.com/2015/03/project-nightmarez-2015.html

Thank you.

AMAXANG-GAMES
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2015, 05:33:47 AM »

I have worked for hours over character designing and level designing. It takes really a long time. Today, I have added a new character which shoots the player, a new flying creature, centipede and U-shaped magnets which control the moving saws.

Here are two screenshots showing these said features:

Thank you.

AMAXANG-GAMES
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2015, 06:06:00 AM »

NightmareZ V1.2 has been released!

Download the Demo version for free: http://gamejolt.com/profile/anamik-majumdar/520991

You can buy full version here: http://amaxang-games.itch.io/nightmarez

Thank you.

AMAXANG-GAMES
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2015, 03:03:52 AM »

Hi everyone,

I have decided to further develop this game to finish it. I have already started developing it. The first thing I have to do is to improve the graphics quality and adding some new game mechanics like computer security systems, switching of doors and lasers, and some new monsters etc. It has been in development for about 9 months and I think I would be able to finish it by May, 2016.

More updates will soon be provided here.

Thank you. Feel free to ask me queries!

AMAXANG-GAMES
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2015, 07:27:23 AM »

Finally, I've started redesigning the existing levels and adding new levels of NightmareZ!
Many things have been added to this game!

All the features are mentioned below:

- Redesigning the existing levels by adding more objects, traps for the player(to be shown in the next devlog update.

- Improving lighting effects!

- Adding some new enemies and characters!

- Adding more levels to the game!

- Adding some new traps!

Here are some screenshots which shows the present condition of the game below:

More updates will soon be provided!

AMAXANG-GAMES
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2015, 12:58:48 AM »

Hi everyone!

NightmareZ V1.2.2 has been released with major changes! Many features have been added to the game like bots, various traps, laser bullets, new shooting system, laser security system and much more!

Try out NightmareZ on my website: http://www.amaxang-games.com/2015/04/nightmarez-full-version-indie-roguelike.html

Thank you! Play and Enjoy!

AMAXANG-GAMES
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2016, 12:25:58 AM »

Hi everyone,
It's been a long time since the last update. I have made some progress in developing the final two levels of NightmareZ.

Here is a screenshot of the level currently unfinished and under development:

A gameplay video will soon be added! So, stay tuned guys!

AMAXANG-GAMES
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2016, 03:56:08 AM »

Hi everyone,
Smiley

After 1 year of continuous development, my FIRST major game project, NightmareZ, is now on Steam Greenlight! Please vote for NightmareZ and help it to get on Steam Store!

Vote for the game here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=693100216

Thank you,
Anamik

AMAXANG-GAMES
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2016, 04:16:09 AM »

Hi everyone!
NightmareZ is now on Steam Greenlight and I have got 100 yes votes in roughly 2 days! If you are interested in platform retro game and want to see this game on Steam, please vote.

Thank you so much!
Feel free to post feedback or suggestions to improve the game.

Cheers,
 Beer!

AMAXANG-GAMES
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2016, 12:37:34 AM »

NightmareZ New Gif Images:

Please vote for my game, NightmareZ if you want this game to be on Steam. Yes, this is my first game and any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

Ramos
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2016, 12:50:22 AM »

Voted Yes, i wish you best of luck ! i love the retro style

AMAXANG-GAMES
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2016, 01:01:00 AM »

Hi,
Thank you very much! Please tell your friends and anyone you know about this game and ask them if they check out my game. That would be awesome! Please feel free to share it.

Thanks! Smiley

AMAXANG-GAMES
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2016, 08:44:48 AM »

Hi everyone,
I am glad to announce that my game is now on Steam Greenlight and I am struggling to get my game on Steam.
BOSS BATTLE:

NightmareZ has just got 200+ Yes Votes! Please help my game get on Steam. I still need your help.  Gentleman

Any support would be greatly appreciated. Please help me to get my first game on Steam.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 09:13:18 AM by AMAXANG-GAMES » Logged

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic