Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 02:01:30 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsB-Gamesflesh
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: flesh  (Read 41469 times)
Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« on: August 26, 2007, 10:30:24 PM »

.it begins.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 03:20:27 AM by Derek » Logged

skaldicpoet9
Level 10

"The length of my life was fated long ago "

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 11:22:46 PM »

That sounds ominous....

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2007, 11:28:13 PM »

Ohhhhhhh SNAP! Shocked
Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 12:55:33 AM »

Very intriguing!

Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2007, 04:29:10 AM »

.tantalising. Smiley

Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2007, 04:44:18 AM »

.god, this game is terrible.

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2007, 11:53:46 AM »

.vaginalicious.

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Radnom
Level 8

BANNED

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2007, 02:27:23 PM »

Hehe, reminds me on Nintendo slogans. Touching is good!

Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2007, 02:33:28 PM »

If it has no nakedness I'm not interested.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2007, 02:34:12 PM »

its kind of like if flow and the marriage had a child game...

and that game was somewhat perverted.

i hacked up one level last night when i was wasted.

its really terrible.

Guert
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2007, 06:45:56 PM »

Is this another feminine hygiene product stunt publicity? Smiley

Average Higgins
Level 1

Huh? What?

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2007, 07:14:58 PM »

My mind is reeling with the possibilities of how this game could play.
Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2007, 10:43:12 PM »

Well, reel no more, and behold the craptacular, expectation-crushing first-test level:

flesh.2007.08.28

nsfw? maybe? i dunno.

Chris Whitman
Sepia Toned
Level 10

A master of karate and friendship for everyone.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2007, 12:07:48 AM »

I sort of assumed I would understand it, as you were wasted when you wrote it and I'm pretty drunk right at the moment, but I seriously have no idea what that was about.

Formerly "I Like Cake."
Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2007, 12:51:51 AM »

Great softcore music :D

My expectations were slightly crushed though  Grin

Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2007, 02:25:46 AM »

My expectations were slightly crushed though  Grin

Excellent!

Lurk
Super Artistic
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2007, 03:25:18 AM »

This is ART in it's purest form. This is the proof that was needed to wash away any controversy, we must get it to the authorities. You should consider a bundle sale with 'The Marriage', so players everywhere can enjoy what games should really be about: self-discovery through cryptic 'gameplays' and abstract 'graphics'. I am a woman now...or am I...Flesh... Shocked

Guert
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2007, 04:18:07 AM »

Nothing says B-game like green nipples! :D Nothin!

Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2007, 12:50:30 PM »

I am a woman now...or am I...Flesh... Shocked

That quote is so going on the box!

Akhel
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2007, 04:18:42 PM »

In a world where games are only meant to be pointless fun, Alec Holowka is a fearless revolutionary. In a sea of Pong, Tennis for Two, Arkanoid and Breakout, .flesh. especially stands out.

From the very moment when the game starts, it is evident that this is not just another Mario Brothers clone like every single Personal Computer game currently on the market. The many shades of pink in the title screen may seem purely aesthetic, but as further analysis is made, the player realizes they symbolize the physical presence of women on the planet - equivalent to roughly fifty percent of the human population.

This becomes even clearer when the game starts - two carefully photographed (or drawn? Alec purposely makes this a very intelligent incognito, representing the questionable division between reality and a social utopia) green-colored human nipples show up on the screen. While this coloration may at first seem unexpected and weird, a conscious and self-aware enough player will notice it is an analogy to the role of women in the modern society - unexpected and weird to be important.

The background, too, has a deep sociocritical meaning. It is a chaotic spinning series of lines, vaguely resembling brush strokes. Upon further inspection, however, these lines reveal themselves to be accurate depictions of blood vessels located in one's heart. These vessels are obvious analogies to every person's regret, asking the player "are you really content with the world you live in?".

As the player clicks the nipples, they progressively turn skin-colored, then to a very bright shade of red. This illustrates the natural human instinct of taking advantage of anyone - even their mothers, here symbolized as the nipples - in any possible way. If the player proceeds with the clicking even after the nipples are red, the background turns green - a suddenly made weird and unexpected environment, like the planet nowadays -, the screen fades to black and the player hears a dying moan of agony or ecstasy: this is a clever metaphor for the end of capitalism and the world as we know it, which will collapse after we take everything we can from our planet, society, friends and mothers.

Finally, .flesh.'s title is thought-provoking by itself. Surrounded by periods, or different conclusions to the human history and very existence, our flesh stands strong, maybe able to overcome all of those challenges and flaws, maybe not. The entrance of the title on the first screen, made from above, representing the fall of flesh - will, courage, bravure, strength - when compared to the dawn of the human race, hints at a not very optimistic end.

However, the current version of the game is just a preview of what is to come. It would not be surprising if the creator presented, in later stages of development or maybe in the final product, viable solutions to the problems shown and aspects criticized before.

.flesh. is less a game than it is a critic to the repression towards women, our society, our humanity and our existence itself. It is easily comparable to the works of the most renowned artists of the world, ever. In the future, we will certainly see Holowka's works in world-known museums, side to side with those of Da Vinci's and Shakespeare's.

Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss
(Five manstars out of five)

That makes it for a final verdict of:
Mantastic!
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic