Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 10:39:12 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesGame Club: Crusader Kings II
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Game Club: Crusader Kings II  (Read 4350 times)
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2015, 04:46:14 AM »

So how does multiplayer play out? Does everyone need to be connected and sit there until someone doesn't die or what?
Can players come and go casually? How long does a typical multiplayer game last?

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2015, 05:42:42 AM »

If it's anything like Civ, it probably takes forever to finish multiplayer games.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2015, 06:00:49 AM »

mp games last as long as you want them to, this is a sandbox game

multiplayer is pretty strange tho and i wouldnt recommend it personally
Keops
Level 6

Pixellin' and Gamedev'n

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2015, 11:26:19 AM »

My brother has played this for hundreds of hours and it seems very appealing to me. I bought one of Paradox games during a sale, Sengoku (because I'm a Japan nut) and I couldn't figure what to do. I suppose since CKII is way more popular the tutorial is probably better and teaches you the basics. I'll keep an eye for this one!

Hearthstead: Hand Point Right Website - Twitter Hand Point Left

OPEN FOR COMMISSIONS! Behance portfolio
battlerager
Level 10

I resent that statement.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2015, 11:59:25 AM »

I suppose since CKII is way more popular the tutorial is probably better and teaches you the basics. I'll keep an eye for this one!
Yeah, the games are very similar, but CK2 is just deeper but also makes more sense and is more accessible.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2015, 01:27:01 PM »

ck2 is way better than sengoku yes
Dragonmaw
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2015, 07:47:37 PM »

This thread is going to continue for an extra month, I think, given the relative lack of discussion and complexity of the game involved.

I'll create a new voting thread, though, for a side game.
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2015, 12:32:18 AM »

Good idea. I might have the time to join in then. Although just reading about your experiences with the game in this thread has been fun too. Smiley

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
Richard Kain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2015, 08:37:41 AM »

So how does multiplayer play out? Does everyone need to be connected and sit there until someone doesn't die or what?
Can players come and go casually? How long does a typical multiplayer game last?

Multiplayer is literally the same as single player, but with more characters controlled by people, instead of AI. In the single player, you can choose any character to start off as. The same is true of multiplayer. And it lasts just as long as single player does. (typically, a very long time if you are trying to reach the end-date)

As far as competition, the level of animosity is entirely up to the players involved. If you want to ally yourself with another player, you can. If you want to conquer and destroy other players, you can. If you want to conquer another player, and make their dynasty a vassal in your empire, you can.

I was playing a multiplayer game with a friend of mine where I started off as the king of England (which was still a fairly small country at our start-date), and he started off as a noble in Norway. My start character was Catholic while his was pagan. (tribal) At first we had very little interactions, there was a significant body of water between us. My start was rocky, and I quickly got deposed, and eventually ended up clawing desperately just to maintain control over a single county. My friend had a meteoric rise in Norway, and was well on his way to establishing a North-Atlantic empire.

He eventually started invading Scotland and conquering the British Isles. When he started getting closer to England, I turned around, rebelled against the Queen of England, won my independence, and immediately offered to be my friend's vassal. He demanded that I switch religions, but otherwise was willing to take me on as his minion. Once the British Isles were conquered,  he put me in charge of them and left their management and suppression up to me while he turned his eyes towards mainland Europe.

Crusader Kings II can be quite complex, but the possible interactions that come out of it are always fascinating.
forwardresent
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2015, 11:37:59 AM »

This thread made me give CK2 another go, got a quick crash course from a friend of mine, now I'm starting to get really into it. Mostly played Ireland to learn, also played France and Leon a few times. Maybe get what I'm doing about 40% of the time. Combat is still a mystery though, as far as I know it's biggest number wins unless river crossing which just ruins everything.

After murdering my brother's children I imprisoned him, then executed him, then married his widow. I then had multiple children with his widow who eventually grew to love me. I had her killed shortly after so I could marry a princess. Eventually my own mother was leading a faction against me.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2015, 11:59:11 AM »

Bigger number usually DOES win but combat isnt just about winning battles but also about preventing losses. a large army can take a long-ass time to rebuild.
Uykered
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2015, 01:21:36 AM »

I love reading these stories
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2015, 05:44:50 AM »

i will be unable to join any game clubs. and it sucks because i really wanted to try ck2

Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2015, 07:16:03 AM »

when is new game club

Dragonmaw
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2015, 12:23:56 PM »

Soon!
forwardresent
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2015, 03:00:38 PM »

Been playing some CK2 recently. This happened.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2015, 03:40:43 PM »

is she actually plotting suicide or are these just 2 characters with the same name haha?
forwardresent
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2015, 05:20:49 PM »

She is plotting suicide. She started the plot against herself to die, but I wanted her gone anyway so I just let her get on with it. No idea how it happened, one hell of a bug.
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2015, 02:03:39 PM »

She is plotting suicide. She started the plot against herself to die, but I wanted her gone anyway so I just let her get on with it. No idea how it happened, one hell of a bug.

If you wanted to stop it, how would you do so?
forwardresent
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2015, 03:19:03 PM »

Run a plot to kill her that fires before hers does? Not sure if I could've asked her to leave the plot or anything. In most of my games playing as Castille / Léon she is usually a pain, usually have my own murder plot going against her.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic