Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411492 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 04:30:47 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesGame Club: Crusader Kings II
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Game Club: Crusader Kings II  (Read 4356 times)
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2015, 05:54:56 PM »

this gam (and a bunch of other paradox gams) is in the latest humble bundle if anyone's on the fence about getting it.
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2015, 06:05:59 PM »

Goshdarnit i had just paid 20$ to buy it.

Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2015, 05:29:43 AM »

After reading this thread I decided to gift this game to my buddy Jon (he is much more of a sandbox fan than I am!) and apparently he enjoyed it a lot but had a number of complaints:
-He says there are various elements that are never explained or even mentioned in the tutorial and he had to look them up online. He also said there was no way to look up terms in game like you can do with the "Civpedia" of Sid Meier's games.
-He went on a LONG rant about how you can't divide armies correctly (?) and it would always result in either a force that is too big or too small.
-When he did what he was told to do in the tutorial (invade some kinda island nation) this provoked the wrath of some kingdoms much stronger than him and he got stomped.

I'm pretty sure he'll keep playing for quite a while, which means I'll not hear the end of his niggles. Thanks a lot for that.

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2015, 06:36:10 AM »

ya the tutorial is isnt the best, no lies. for some reason they don't update it with every dlc, for a long time it actually didnt work at all iirc. you have to remember that the game in its current state, after 3 years of patches and dlc, is almost completely different from the release version (aside from the base mechanics ofc) so an outdated tutorial is going to teach players bullshit. idk why paradox does this b/c theyre a paragon of virtue post-release support otherwise.

-He went on a LONG rant about how you can't divide armies correctly (?) and it would always result in either a force that is too big or too small.

that's part of the challenge. there are no standing armies (just like in the real middle ages) and you have limited control over what sort of troops you have at your disposal and how you divide them. you're a ruler/lord in this game, not a god.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 06:54:21 AM by Silbereisen » Logged
DanglinBob
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2015, 09:11:44 AM »

I find I always burn out on CK2 before the "end date" - I can work my way up from a single small nation to an empire level powerhouse but the game really looses me once I do. I will say that conquering Spain as a Muslim nation is super fun since you end up dealing with like 5-7 allied nations every time you declare holy war unless you can sew some crazy problems into their ranks.

But yeah once the empire of Hispania forms the result seems to be and endless annoying series of wars between various other super powers and very little progress. Soon as I took Hispania in the game in question France DOWs, then Byzantine, then Famatid (Because my army was signficantly weaker by after winning those two) - THEN FRANCE AGAIN... so basically I have nothing to do but endlessly defend my territory and after like 40 years of war with no hope of continued expansion I just get tired of it.

Basically I seem to end up in a cyclce at high levels where a super power will DOW, and the damage will decrease my army size enough that another superpower will DOW seeing me as weak... and so on to infinity. Not that any of them actually WIN, but defending takes SO MUCH LONGER than conquering....

That's my rant :D
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic