Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 06:15:23 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogs‌ ‍ ‎‌ ‍ ‎‌ ‍ ‎‌ ‍ ‍ ‎‌ ‍ ▼‎‌ ‎T E R R I T O R Y ‍ ‍ ‎‌ ‍ ‎‌ ‍ ‎‌ ‍ ‎‌ ‍ ‌‎
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Print
Author Topic: ‌ ‍ ‎‌ ‍ ‎‌ ‍ ‎‌ ‍ ‍ ‎‌ ‍ ▼‎‌ ‎T E R R I T O R Y ‍ ‍ ‎‌ ‍ ‎‌ ‍ ‎‌ ‍ ‎‌ ‍ ‌‎  (Read 15641 times)
FreakOrama
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: August 16, 2015, 06:15:47 AM »

Looks great! Hope you make more use of the hover-board and make it more fun/faster =3
Hope there's a demo soon, would love to try it out =D

Games/Gamedev Hunter, currently developing Stitch
@FreakOramaXD
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: August 17, 2015, 01:34:06 AM »

Thanks,
The hoverboard is a lot faster than I have shown in any videos so far, it's something you need to try for yourself.

Today I removed by php login screen and replaced it with Steamworks integration stuff. It's much nicer having your existing Steam login be sufficient rather than having to log in twice

I also made a lot of improvement to the large ships, added more interior space, put a controllable door on the hangar bay etc.

Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: August 21, 2015, 08:54:57 PM »

I found that whenever I show the game to friends they always ask the same things, so I went and built a kind of in game encyclopedia which gives essential details about all the elements of the game.

The player can press a button at any time to bring this encyclopedia up on their arm computer

« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 03:12:03 AM by Mittens » Logged

Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: August 24, 2015, 11:44:07 PM »

I've just started adding an automatic gun, since shooting down jetpacking close-range enemies with a single shot long range sniper rifle is horrible

Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: August 27, 2015, 06:34:34 AM »

Today I started working on some character customization.
Starting with a slider that lets you darken your skin tone

Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: August 28, 2015, 12:36:38 AM »

I've been fixing tones of bugs lately. The list seems never ending. Each time I test to confirm bugs fixed even more add themselves on.

Here's a screenshot of some adjustments I've been making to the sky colors
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 12:52:40 AM by Mittens » Logged

EvilDingo
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: August 28, 2015, 04:26:31 AM »

Are you post-processing your screenshots? It looks like they're vignetted. The one of the arm interface looks like there is an instagram-like filter on it (the RGB bleed.) Or are those image effects in the game?

Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: August 28, 2015, 04:01:53 PM »

I'm not post processing screenshots. that's just the game

Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: September 14, 2015, 04:10:47 AM »

I just wanted to beta test and all I got was this lousy perpetual bug fixing 

Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: September 14, 2015, 11:17:34 PM »

I finally played that Splatoon game everyone keeps banging on about.
It inspired me to update my ground/grass system.
Now when you capture a part of the map all the ground/grass around it will color to your faction color

PS: after testing this a bit I feel like it's actually improving the moment to moment gamepplay. You no longer need to switch between the map view and normal view to know which direction an enemy base is in. You can just look out on the horizon and immediately see various team colors along the horizon
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 05:46:24 AM by Mittens » Logged

Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: September 17, 2015, 02:59:18 AM »

Today I made a gestures/emotes system.
Now players can open a radial menu with has a bunch of options like "Wave" or "Celebrate" or "Point" to play special animations for communicating non-verbally.

Currently all the animations are just placeholder crap, but all the code around choosing and playing them over the network is good

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 19, 2015, 10:16:27 AM »

Gentleman I love the amount of love and details you seem to put in the project, especially with this scope . The graphism however is just weird, it definitely has a unique flair and there is skill and for some reason come out as generic and unfocused ... Sad something is missing in a way I don't really know (and it's irrelevant to the placeholder art, it's more about what it is supposed to convey, there is no unifying feeling)

However subscribe, I found the game on steam first btw

SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: September 20, 2015, 12:59:03 AM »

^ I think it's just that the graphics are in an alpha stage - the style'll pull together as the game does as well.

Nice game so far - looks like a pretty interesting hybrid!

The graphics look simple and relatively low-poly, but effective, as well.

Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: October 15, 2015, 11:48:57 PM »

Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: October 15, 2015, 11:53:28 PM »

Recently I've added a few more weapons in the intrest of being more user friendly and also enabling PvP between jetpacking players to be a little less derp.
So far all the game's weapons are very precise/accurate meaning they are good for hunting or assassinating but rubish for moving targets.

The new weapons are a scatter gun, a laser scatter gun (same as scatter gun but doesn't have magazines/ammo) and a rocket launcher.

The rocket launcher can be used the same as in Quake to jump around like an tool etc.
The way you use all these new weapons is easy(er) because it only requires 2 buttons. You fire, then press R-F-R to do the pump-action and fire again.
By comparison the bolt action requires pressing T-R-F-R-T between shots

Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: October 19, 2015, 05:03:24 AM »

Today I made a sprite system which enables players to see distant planets which are outside the viewing range of the camera. It does some clever math to essentially place a picture of the planet inside the view distance and match the size/position of the real planet.

I got my housemates to try the game (filthy casuals) so they inspired a bunch of ways to make the game more user friendly.
The weapon/utility belt display is now always on screen with the hotkeys for equipping and changing item written on the appropriate box. I notice every game since Minecraft does this and it quickly overcomes a fundamentally complex piece of learning sans tutorial.

I also made it possible to cycle weapon or utility while it is equipped (like in half-life etc.) this hurts the realism a bit, since weapons now magically appear into hands, but for most people this is essential user friendliness that I can't pass up on.

I also added new mining tool behavior and animations. It makes hitting things a lot more satisfying. The mining tool animations no longer override the characters legs, so it's no weird to run and swing (well, it is weird, but for different reasons)

Yeah.. also did other things i ceebs writing

Tomorrow I hope to fix the VoIP chat by replacing the back-end with the Steam API voice stuff then I would very much like to make a space exploration vehicle since being able to see the planets now makes really wish you could travel to them!

Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: October 21, 2015, 12:12:31 AM »

Here's how the planets look in the sky

marcgfx
Level 8

if you don't comment, who will?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: October 21, 2015, 12:48:42 AM »

looks cool! the weird lighting gives it an other worldly feel. the weapon actions sound kind of complicated, but interesting.

Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: October 21, 2015, 05:28:02 AM »

The players now have puffy jackets

Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: November 05, 2015, 03:49:00 PM »

Not far now.....

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Print