Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411498 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 08:42:30 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSands of Osiris - [Multiplayer] [Map+Script Editor] [RTS]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Sands of Osiris - [Multiplayer] [Map+Script Editor] [RTS]  (Read 946 times)
admazzola
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: April 03, 2015, 05:59:11 AM »

Sands is my baby.  It is a standalone version of the Vampirism map series from Warcraft III.  Up to ten players are the Greek Builders, who can build upgradable walls, towers, harvesters, and armies.  Up to two players are the Gods of Egypt, terrifying and powerful aspects who gain strength for every building that they crush.  They can use plagues and curses to weaken the Greek Bases from afar.  When a Greek Base or a Egyptian God falls, it is gone forever.  

All of the game data (Unit types, ability types, effects) are scripted with Beanshell so other custom maps can be built/rebuilt by the community.  
A voxel-based map editor is included as well, which is also multiplayer.

This is a new video of building construction.  I just nailed down A* Pathing and selection boxes.

Here are new tree models and a custom model, the Porcupine.  
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 05:23:43 PM by admazzola » Logged
admazzola
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 05:20:39 PM »

I just recoded some shaders and added a threaded fog of war controller that passes the chunk meshes new Color data.  It took a long time to figure out how to do Fog of War efficiently.. just ask me if you want to know how I did it Grin

Here is an image of a base before I fixed the shader to prevent the lit up voxels to turn gray

Here is a quick image I took after the fix...

Here is the last part of my frag shader (I used the alpha channel of the vertex color to pass in fog values):

Code:

if(v_Color.a > 1)
{
v_Color.a = 1;
}

gl_FragColor.rgb = (v_Color.rgb * diffuseColor.rgb) * v_Color.a   ; //alpha is the fog

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic