Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 10:14:48 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralSo you Wanna make a next gen Game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: So you Wanna make a next gen Game  (Read 876 times)
ThomasN
Level 0

View Profile
« on: April 07, 2015, 03:04:22 PM »

INTRO
There are many ways to skin this cat, here will be looking at the processes we will use for Metal Shock Game.This Post Summarizes The PC Game development process from zero as an independent producer  as I go through the steps of creating a next gen(?) game. The guiding philosophy is to fail fast, that means:
1. Find out as quickly as possible if the project has the potential to acquire mind-share in the ocean of apps
2. If the game concept is sound/fun.
If we cant make any of these two in 6 months the Metal Shock Game project is a fail. Simple, yeah? Well watch how quick 6 months turns into a year.

OVERVIEW

I make many assumptions such as reader has a general knowledge of software a ton of free-time, a pot full of cash or ramen etc. I assume were trying to make a serious next gen 3d game not that F2P app store stuff. And there are potentially serious omissions such as concept art, storyboard and sound stuff etc, could write a 900 page book about any of these subjects/apps. Also some things I think are a waste of time in the quest to fail fast, this might not apply to all but stuff like trademarks, copyrights, incorporation,1rst class website etc. Remember were not actually trying to fail but...
so lets go.

IDEA+RESEARCH
 Weve done a ton of research (in my case not) so step one is a cool idea,(god those are cheap) nothing fires up the imagination like vgames. The idea relatable to Metal Shock Game is the Matrix meets Game of thrones_ Cool FX+Shocking story. Gameplay is combat evolved in world at war in FEAR with lots of sex and beheadings along the way. Its also inspired by a bunch of other stuff long story.

THE BRIEF
Ok now were getting serious THE Brief is a synopsis/pitch as few words as possible here.Metal shock game the Matrix meets Game of thrones singleplayer Sci-fi FPS. Gamers will play as a cyborg called Sword Metal commissioned by the Brutal muderous ruler of Dome City called Adora to help put down an equally brutal rebellion. You will join Adoras minions performing chores such as beheadings, decapitaions and taxation.

The story is shocking, targeting casual gamers (with a zero learning curve)on PC platform.Adults Only intense violence blood and gore  graphic sexual content and strong language. No insult intended but no F2P,zombies,QuickTime events,in app purchases.

ToolsList
B4 we go any further we gonna need us some tools:
Adobe Photoshop,Premier,After Effects,Ndo & DDO, Maya,maybe 3dMax,Zbrush Visual Studio UE4 or Unity and Audacity.Knowing how to get around the software above will help us break up the task into bite sized chunks so hopefully our underpaid Odesk contractors don't drop us .Also gonna need good internet and stuff Like Word. Ill be using Unreal Engine 4 and Maya 3d. Keep in mind that there are alternative open source apps.

ASSET PIPELINE
Our early assets can be demoralizing so its important to keep the big picture in mind.
Ugly assets will be refined as we go along.

Next is our Tools Pipeline

And our PRODUCTION PIPELINE SUMMARY

Wow you still havent quite well you can get more info here:http://metalshockgame.blogspot.com/:
http://metalshockgame.blogspot.com/

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2015, 02:08:53 PM »

i want to make a delicious lasagne
JWK5
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 04:21:15 PM »

i want to make a delicious lasagne
I'd kickstart that!
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2015, 03:05:02 AM »

no i wanna make timeless game

Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2015, 03:58:14 AM »

all the games these days are next gen, tell me how to make games that are the gen after that

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic