Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 04:09:31 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesDeus Ex: Humanity Divided Again
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Deus Ex: Humanity Divided Again  (Read 2389 times)
Armageddon
Level 6

View Profile
« on: April 07, 2015, 09:53:05 PM »

Your favorite cyborg-with-a-cold Adam Jensen is back again apparently. His choices didn't matter. I don't know man this could just be Invisible War all over again. A caricature of its former self. I think I'm among the few that didn't mind the ending to Human Revolution. Adam had absolutely nothing to live for by the end so sacrificing himself seemed like a reasonable move.
Also this new game takes place in Prague and that's really disappointing because I've been writing a cyberpunk game that takes place in Prague and around the Czech Republic. Now I'll be seen as a copycat. Sad
Here's some screenies:

And there's a few snippets of the pre-rendered trailer over here. The camera work is laughable compared to the iconic shots of the original Human Revolution trailer. It also looks like some YA dystopian stuff about scanning people for augmentations. Pretty lame and doesn't fit with the original Deus Ex world at all.
Also it sounds like Deus Ex: Universe is dead. Everything about this seems like they scrapped their big ideas and are just watering it down and sticking Jensen back in.

Time will tell. What are your thoughts?

Netsu
Level 10

proficient at just chillin'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 10:21:36 PM »

Plz be good Who, Me?
Human Revolution was in my opinion a worthy successor to Deus Ex, I really hope this won't dissappoint either.

Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2015, 02:27:10 AM »

I should start up Human Revolution again someday and force myself to enjoy it because I am torn on that game. I really wanted to love it because I thought that it would be more Deus Ex but it ended up being less Deus Ex with less stuff to interact with (crates and fire extinguishers was about it unless you get more stuff to chuck about later on) which meant less ways to be a dick to NPCs, dragging bodies around was a right royal pain in the arse and I just didn't gel with the hacking minigame. Seriously Jensen you're a mech, if a fleshsack like JC can run about with dudes draped over his shoulder you can too. Hell, you're probably strong enough to hide corpses by throwing them across the room behind a waist-high desk and the enemies were dumb enough that they probably wouldn't go looking.

I liked the yellow though and if you didn't at least you can agree that it's better than blue and orange (or lemon and lime), I liked the look of the tech even if it was anachronistic and I just loved that when you found a login or a keycode it would just be right there on the screen when you needed it instead of having to write that shit down all the time which is really something that Deus Ex should've done. Plus the whole shooting dudes thing, that didn't suck.
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2015, 02:51:06 AM »

What I liked about Human Revolution was how satisfying it felt to sneak around and punch folks. Melee and stealth in original Deus Ex never really clicked with me and I felt like I was doing something wrong when I walked up to NSF dudes in the early missions and whacked them in the ass with a baton. The Dragon's Tooth Sword is super rad but you don't get it until much later in the game. Jensen can stealth and do kickass takedowns right from the get go.

Of course there are some things Human Revolution did wrong (boss fights cough cough) but the original wasn't without its flaws either and imo they are both fantastic games.

I liked Adam Jensen as a character but I wish they'd think of some other guy/girl to play as this time. There's only so much you can do with the same grizzled grimdark shooty mcface dude and I agree with Armageddon that his story arc was tied together neatly by the end of HR.

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2015, 02:54:43 AM »

honestly deus ex universe sounded like an asscreedification of deus ex, so idk if im sad to see it go. i feel the same way about human revolution as turbo btw and im not really hyped for this new game.

Also this new game takes place in Prague

who wants to bet it's going to be full of dum eastern europe cliches and lots of american voice actors talking w/ bad fake RRRRussian accents (because slavic = russian obv).
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2015, 03:05:30 AM »

who wants to bet it's going to be full of dum eastern europe cliches and lots of american voice actors talking w/ bad fake RRRRussian accents (because slavic = russian obv).

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2015, 03:08:11 AM »

see?
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2015, 03:09:34 AM »

I'm guilty of spending far too much time adjusting the volume in DE1 because I couldn't stop giggling at that line Tongue

Rarykos
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2015, 03:15:07 AM »

Fuck that and those vague promotional speeches that this is a game about "exploring how technology changes our daily lives and what it means to be human". So exactly like Human Revolution and every other scifi story in existence? This time you're not trying to be Blade Runner, you're copying Divergent. Good job getting on the YA bandwagon!

If you want to explore what it means to be human just play Talos Principle.
Isn't there a market for grown up scifi games? I've had enough of young adult stuff.

Looks like a cash in, like that Deus Ex game for mobile. Nothing new, interesting or memorable. Everything they said was just generic. I hate that. And I can't wait to hear Russians speak Czech.

Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2015, 04:13:53 AM »

Jensen can stealth and do kickass takedowns right from the get go.
I forgot about those. The take-downs are rad as hell and really funny when you try to resolve the hostage situation in the first mission by shooting the leader with the stun gun to soften him up before going in for the actual take-down but you end up doing it on the hostage instead because she was just a little too close to you. Then it turns out you held the button a tad too long and it's the lethal version.

EDIT:
Melee and stealth in original Deus Ex never really clicked with me and I felt like I was doing something wrong when I walked up to NSF dudes in the early missions and whacked them in the ass with a baton.
You use the baton on the head and the tazer on the middle of their back. Also you should crouch whilst approaching because it's actually faster than walking and more silent. The NSF in that first mission are dumb as hell anyway, you could be standing a short distance away from them under a street light and they'll just walk on past you.
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2015, 04:22:49 AM »

I forgot about those. The take-downs are rad as hell and really funny when you try to resolve the hostage situation in the first mission by shooting the leader with the stun gun to soften him up before going in for the actual take-down but you end up doing it on the hostage instead because she was just a little too close to you. Then it turns out you held the button a tad too long and it's the lethal version.
The most hilarious way to resolve that mission is to do a

Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2015, 04:39:18 AM »

You'll get a laugh out of this too: I still haven't found the other hostages. HR is game that's almost a straight line and I couldn't even find the other hostages. You know, if this was the first game I would've found them no problem, defused the bomb plus I could've stacked crates at the entrance of the room, opened the door and sniped the terrorist leader before he'd seen me. Oh that's another thing, the game is full of crates and yet there's not enough crates in that first mission. Madness. At least it let me punch through walls even if I only got to do that once before I got bored.

Let's just all agree that The Nameless Mod is the real DX sequel we wanted and be done with it. We need some community solidarity on this issue.
jiitype
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2015, 12:25:10 PM »

Also it sounds like Deus Ex: Universe is dead.

Universe was never a game, it's the name for the whole DX world.

"Alongside the announcement of a next-gen entry in the franchise, Eidos Montreal announced the "Deus Ex Universe", a multimedial project involving video games across all platforms, books, graphic novels and other unspecified mediums”

I really liked HR so hopefully Mankind Divided won't suck.
Richard Kain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2015, 02:05:33 PM »

Deus Ex: Human Revolution is one of the big titles in my backlog. I literally own three different copies of that game for three different systems, but have never gotten around to playing any of them. I picked up the WiiU version just a few weeks ago. Really need to carve out some time to play that one before the sequel comes out. I've heard lots of good things about it, and apparently the improved version fixes a lot of the cludgier systems in the original version. I've just been severely strapped for time for the past few months.
DJFloppyFish
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2015, 02:09:19 PM »

i never played the original deus ex, so deus ex: hr to me was just a good ass videogame. im looking forward to more of it. hopefully it feels less rushed in the backhalf than HR did.  Cool

is it weird that I'm looking forward to new conversation trees the most?  Noir
Armageddon
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2015, 05:42:16 PM »

Trailer time:

Predictions met:
  • Bad accents
  • YA-like separation of classes
  • Moar Transhumanism
  • Post-apocalyptic world that doesn't fit with DX1

DJFloppyFish
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2015, 06:17:56 PM »

WEE ARR HUMAN BEANSS

JimmyJ
Level 1

Hi!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2015, 11:36:14 PM »

I'm not looking forward to more boss fights, that trailer sure does look like more boss fights.
Netsu
Level 10

proficient at just chillin'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2015, 11:54:56 PM »

The premise of the trailer looks way worse than HR, instead of centering on Jensen it's all about saving the world, fucking great...

Also why the augmented humans look poor, homeless and are treated as worse? You clearly need lots of money to afford augmentation and it makes you better at everything. Doesn't seem to make much sense. If anything it's the unaugmented people that should be rebelling against post-human overlords, with Jensen serving as an agent for the ruling class eventually coming to his senses, switching sides and defending the poor from other superhumans... obviously.

Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2015, 12:05:39 AM »

I'm not looking forward to more boss fights, that trailer sure does look like more boss fights.
I hope it's going to be like the sequel where the boss fights didn't feel like boss fights.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic