Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411273 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 03:12:46 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsGame tech startup LF experienced core team/co-founders
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Game tech startup LF experienced core team/co-founders  (Read 497 times)
snacktime
Level 0

View Profile
« on: April 09, 2015, 01:04:01 PM »

I'm building a team for a new startup that will be creating games as well as a development platform.  I'm looking for 2-3 multi talented people to round out the team.  Industry experience is helpful but not a requirement.  Smart, talented people who can pick up new areas quickly and produce value is what I value most.

Positions (not the best term, more like co-founders).

- Artist. Able to do everything from concept art to web design to modeling.  Focus on functional design.  This person will be key in helping us present ourselves to the public, as well as working on game related art and modeling.

- Developer.  Polyglot developer who can write production code in at least 3 languages.  Solid understand of both server and client side architectures common in games.  Understands that what's most important is the team and the end goal.  Much of our core stack is in place and is mostly java/C#, but we will be creating libraries and tools in other languages as well.

- ??  I'm open to talent that would be useful that I haven't thought of yet, or doesn't fit neatly into the above.  We don't need producers, game designers, or more niche positions right now, we need people who can make the biggest bang for the buck contributions in a startup environment.

Strong preference for being in the Seattle area.

Our goal is to enable indie developers when it comes to the hard problems in making multiplayer games.  To make it simpler then it has ever been, and help them to compete with the big boys.  Our approach to this is unique, and is a blend of actually making games along with building a platform and community.

Currently I'm getting all the pieces in place to go for an angel funding round.  This isn't really a kickstarter type project although we might do one just because. Our focus will be getting an initial game on team asap, and traditional funding routes.

About me.  20 years of experience in and out of the game industry.  Successfully founded and sold one company, was a key employee at a recent highly successful social games startup.  Author of the open source Game Machine platform for running large scale multiplayer games (https://github.com/gamemachine/gamemachine).  Game Machine is the core server side tech we are using, but the company is much more then Game Machine.

If this sounds interesting and you think it might be a good fit, please contact me at [email protected].

Must be over 18 and live in the US or Canada.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic