Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 05:15:00 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)Lets Poly: Low Poly House
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Lets Poly: Low Poly House  (Read 1129 times)
DHyd
Level 0

View Profile
« on: April 10, 2015, 10:47:14 AM »

Hello,

I just started getting into Low Poly Art, and was wondering if you guys and gals could critique my first building.

Here is the youtube link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=122&v=aYxZquWETEk
and a final render here:  http://i.imgur.com/u61ha97.png

I plan on making a video game, and this would be an asset in it. Hence why I would love to get critiqued early before I get super far down the line.
Muffinhat
Level 0

COVERED IN BEES HELP

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 02:55:22 PM »

Besides the fact that some of the flat triangulation looks a tad weird on the walls and roof, I quite like it. I'd almost recommend putting simplistic brick textures on the walls, but I don't know what kind of style you're going for in this game. Just a tip though, assuming you're exporting this as a game asset to Unity or something: make sure to bake the ambient occlusion and all that other stuff so it still keeps that cycles level quality in the engine.
DHyd
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 04:29:15 PM »

Ah I had not thought of that. I was wondering why the assets looked slightly different in Unity. And Thought maybe it was the material, so I spent some time playing with it and couldn't figure it out. Thanks!
deab
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2015, 04:04:16 AM »

Looks good.

Regarding the 'flat triangulation' Muffinhat mentioned, if you are using Unity with calculate normals, I find that upping the smoothing angle from 0 to 10 or 15 helps.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic