Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411469 Posts in 69368 Topics- by 58422 Members - Latest Member: daffodil_dev

April 23, 2024, 04:06:24 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralCould you give my students work to do?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Could you give my students work to do?  (Read 904 times)
RinseWashrepeat
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: April 16, 2015, 07:12:23 AM »

Hello there!

I've done something similar to this before - about this time last year I asked people to give me their buggy games for my students to 'QA'.

What I'd like to do is get my students some work experience by having you guys request some work from them that they could complete in their small teams. Teams will be made up of 2 or 3 people including a designer, programmer, artists, etc (to your spec) - I need you guys to think of any work that you'd like done but can be completed remotely.*

If any of you think you could make use of a college students time, please let me know. All I ask of you is that you set them work that could realistically be done in 4 weeks, that you are able to communicate with them via e-mail and that you'd be willing to provide feedback on their final piece of work. You're under no obligation, naturally, to use any music, sprites, posters, level designs, documentation, animated logos, web banners whatever, that they produce.

How does that sound? Is anyone interested in essentially having a group of college students do some work experience for them remotely?

Please note - these students are based in the UK. Time zones and all that.  Coffee

*If you're based in the UK we have a budget that could pay your travel expenses and maybe a little more on top - we'd be happy to talk about getting you into the college to meet, greet and critique the students!

vinheim3
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 07:15:05 AM »

Where in UK?
RinseWashrepeat
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2015, 07:34:38 AM »

Essex

leonidax
Level 0

Never lose the sight of your dreams

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2015, 08:04:54 AM »

Hi

I'm from Mexico and I'm currently working on an indie game. I'm interested in taking part, I would be interested in a team of artists to produce concept art and ilustrations. Me and three members of my team have real work experience in the game industry most of us used to work at Gameloft. We can give feedback to the students.

Twitter: @leonidax
rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2015, 09:22:31 AM »

I'm super down with this! I'd love to be a part.

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2015, 04:23:59 PM »

can they wash and iron shirts
RinseWashrepeat
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2015, 12:14:33 AM »

can they wash and iron shirts

Let's not push them too hard.

BigHandInSky
Level 0

MINIMAL-ISE EVERYTHING

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2015, 05:26:42 AM »

Probably missed sending over one of mine - how did it go in the end? My tutor had a local Museum come down and give us a brief to make a small flash game for which was neat as could be to get feedback during it, always loved the idea of getting something premade to then put a mass of code duct-tape around it.

Orymus
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2015, 07:09:44 AM »

Have you looked at the legal implications of this?
Would any of the work belong to the person that gives them the work?
I'd be hesitant to participate assuming I can't use any of the work...
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic