Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411428 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 02:16:02 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingPolyhedron: A Wizard's Game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Polyhedron: A Wizard's Game  (Read 689 times)
claybornp
Level 0

claypeterson.co for art things

View Profile WWW
« on: April 17, 2015, 11:11:04 AM »

Hey gang, back with another game.  Wizard

This is a project I've been working on for school, and I'd like to get some feedback.
Lately I've been interested in basic shapes and simple gameplay, and this game is the result.

Its kind of a card game, kind of a board game, kind of an RTS....
Play it here: http://claytonpeterson.itch.io/polyhedron its a web game

Heres what it looks like

You can win  Grin

And you can lose Crazy

IonForceStudio
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 02:41:11 PM »

Is there any chance to win?
Could you make video? Maybe I donnt understand rules...

Quicksand-S
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2015, 03:45:49 PM »

I also have no idea how to play.

If I click a "spell" with a 2 MP requirement, it does nothing but disappear. If I click a spell with a 4 MP requirement, it puts something onto the board that doesn't do much. If I click on a swirly sphere thing, it may or may not do something (No idea how that one works).

Magic takes ages to build up, and the whole time my opponent is just constantly blasting me with attacks. It doesn't feel like I'm against another player. It feels more like I'm just fighting a losing battle against a cheater who doesn't have to wait for MP to recharge like I do.

There's no feedback for any of my actions. I never know if I'm doing damage to the opponent or how close I am to winning. For example, maybe my 2 MP triangles did damage, but I don't know.

The interface is a little strange too, because when I see a table divided into top and bottom, I tend to think that the HUD elements at the top also belong to the player at the top. It feels weird to switch between looking at the top and looking at the bottom, and what's in the middle doesn't seem to matter that much.

While I don't find the "characters" particularly appealing, visually, I do mostly like the look of the game as well as the sound effects.

My Old Game: We Want YOU - Join the Fight for Freedom

Twitter - Mostly comments on games, old and new.
IonForceStudio
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2015, 02:56:38 AM »

It feels more like I'm just fighting a losing battle against a cheater who doesn't have to wait for MP to recharge like I do.

yeah, PC cheat as hell!  Smiley

dphsw
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2015, 05:37:39 AM »

I can't figure out any logic at all in this game.  It needs some sort of instructions.

Try the online minigame version of our upcoming game Balloon Platform Defense!
marcgfx
Level 8

if you don't comment, who will?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2015, 02:21:17 PM »

the ai didn't seem to be cheating to me. when you get the upper hand you can hardly lose, but it's also very hard to turn the tide. I played it quite a few times, hoping I could understand the underlying mechanics. I always win when I have the upper hand. when behind, I had good success by loading to full power and launching 4+2. My first idea using the magic and then launching 2 usually failed, as the magic rarely killed everything the opponent had (why does it not killed things that have just spawned?). It was entertaining to try and understand, but I never really knew why some things worked and others did not. if you want more of an rts vibe, maybe you should explain the function of the different pieces more clearly.

ps: most people likely do not understand, that the dots at the top are your dots and not the opponents. also that the dots on the clickable pieces are the amount of dots it requires at the top.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic