Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 02:49:28 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioWhat should I do with this Synthesizer?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: What should I do with this Synthesizer?  (Read 585 times)
Eketek
Level 0

View Profile
« on: April 21, 2015, 05:02:26 AM »

I have on my hands, what seems to me to be an unusual and unique synthesizer.  It was developed partly to use it in my most recent project (Orthot II), and partly because I wanted it once I figured out how to make it.

When I designed it, I wanted a retro-ish synth which produces very arbitrary / flexible sound which algorithmic sound "promised", but I also wanted to avoid  non-linear distortions and effects.  Or, more subjectively stated, I wanted a synth which can produce respectable renditions of many classical pieces (or anything which has very specific harmonic content).

What I came up with was a pair of algorithms - a precise tone generator and an enveloping scheme that applies instantaneous magnitude shifts (in addition to some other more conventional & familiar stuff). 

To test it, I did a complete transcription of J. S. Bach's Well-Tempered Clavier (Book I and II).  A few of the results which worked well are linked below:
eketech.com/demos/wtk1_1a_v4.ogg eketech.com/demos/wtk1_1b_v4.ogg
eketech.com/demos/wtk1_15a_v20.ogg eketech.com/demos/wtk1_15b_v20.ogg
eketech.com/demos/wtk2_7a_v17.ogg eketech.com/demos/wtk2_7b_v17.ogg
eketech.com/demos/wtk2_23a_v21.ogg eketech.com/demos/wtk2_23b_v21.ogg

However, I am not sure what I should do with my synthesizer.  I am thinking about developing it further and exploring some other ideas I have in mind.  I am quite open to the possibility of collaboration -I think that some people here might find it useful.  I would like to know what people here think about it. 
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic