Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 06:54:41 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignHow (and Why) to Write a Great Game Design Document - Our Article on Tuts+
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: How (and Why) to Write a Great Game Design Document - Our Article on Tuts+  (Read 888 times)
AlexMartial
Level 0

View Profile
« on: April 25, 2015, 01:59:12 AM »

Hello, guys!

I want to share with you my last article on Tuts+ about necessity of GDD creation, common mistakes with that and some tips (from our experience) how we can avoid them.

Every indie developer or team has asked themselves how best to manage the development process. Is it obligatory to use detailed documentation, such as the legendary game design document (GDD)? What are the most common mistakes, and how can they be avoided?

For those who have searched for answers to these questions, I want to share our team's experience of creating our GDD.

http://gamedevelopment.tutsplus.com/articles/how-and-why-to-write-a-great-game-design-document--cms-23545
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 10:10:16 AM by AlexMartial » Logged
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2015, 05:19:38 AM »

first mistake, make a GDD

How you should do it, first establish the long term goal, look at requirement, validate requirement with prototype each one at a time, each being a milestone and evaluation of the project are made at each milestone, only design for the next milestone.

Why? because no GDD resist reality, if you start doing complex 3D models while code is done (as example) you will have to do them 10 billions time. You need a just in time design.

AlexMartial
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2015, 10:09:28 AM »

Thanks for correction... but about everything else - have you read this article? I don't think so. Because, the name of this thread - is not a question. This is a name of the article. I simply want to share our own experience with community.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic