Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411428 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 01:48:22 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)Open Pixel Platformer - cc tiles & sprites
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Open Pixel Platformer - cc tiles & sprites  (Read 2630 times)
Hapiel
Level 0

Pixel artist - OPP project

View Profile WWW
« on: April 26, 2015, 02:49:23 PM »

Hi TIGsource

I wanted to share this project with you guys:  Well, hello there!

All the tiles and object in the image above are licensed CC-BY 3.0 and can be downloaded here. There are many more, but our jungle set was recently 'finished'.
This is part of the Open Pixel Platformer project, an attempt to collaboratively create an open sprite and tileset for game developers.

I just hoped to get some thoughts on the project. Wishes, ideas, tips, anything. And of course I am looking forward to see these tiles appear in your games! Hand Joystick

Also, if you wish to contribute, we always welcome new pixel artists, contributions small or large, promotion or wiki edits. Come say hello at our forum!

Expect more in the future  Smiley
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 08:49:32 AM by Hapiel » Logged

Check out the Open Pixel Project, public domain quality tiles and sprites collaboration :D

Also, my game: DropBoy
Chris MacAdam
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 08:24:32 AM »

Wow that screenshot looks great! Awesome art. Going to check it out now.

Also the link is broken for me. It is linking to opengameart.com when I think it should be opengameart.org?

Hapiel
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 08:50:58 AM »

Also the link is broken for me.

Oops, did I just seriously failed to link to our own website?   Facepalm
Thanks for noticing, fixed! Hand Thumbs Up Right

Check out the Open Pixel Project, public domain quality tiles and sprites collaboration :D

rebelholic
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2015, 04:35:16 AM »

Its based on 32x32 or 64x64?

Feel free give feedback:
Fearless Tigor Devlog
Hapiel
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2015, 05:36:24 AM »

all tiles 32x32, human sprites are about 50px high Smiley

rebelholic
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2015, 06:54:15 PM »

Hi TIGsource

I wanted to share this project with you guys:  Well, hello there!

All the tiles and object in the image above are licensed CC-BY 3.0 and can be downloaded here. There are many more, but our jungle set was recently 'finished'.
This is part of the Open Pixel Platformer project, an attempt to collaboratively create an open sprite and tileset for game developers.

I just hoped to get some thoughts on the project. Wishes, ideas, tips, anything. And of course I am looking forward to see these tiles appear in your games! Hand Joystick

Also, if you wish to contribute, we always welcome new pixel artists, contributions small or large, promotion or wiki edits. Come say hello at our forum!

Expect more in the future  Smiley

I think 32x32 size too small for pc with 1920x1080 resolution? What do you think?

Feel free give feedback:
Fearless Tigor Devlog
surt
Level 7

Meat by-product.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2015, 08:13:21 PM »

I think PC hardware tends to be rather flexible about video resolution.

Real life would be so much better with permadeath.
PJ Gallery - OGA Gallery - CC0 Scraps
Hapiel
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2015, 07:19:30 AM »

I think 32x32 size too small for pc with 1920x1080 resolution? What do you think?

Smaller tiles allow for more flexibility. Much more important is scale, which is independent from tile size.

Characters that are 50px tall are indeed not so large on a 1920x1080 screen, but there are plenty of games (gunpoint, fez, cavestory, just to name a few) where the characters are also about 1/20th screenheight tall.

As Surt noted, you can indeed easily change resolution size if you wish for characters to be larger, or even have a flexible resolution that zooms in and out like Frogatto has.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic