Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411485 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 07:02:41 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioTigSource Musical Challenge XXXIX - True Fear VOTING
Poll
Question: Which entry scares you the most?  (Voting closed: May 06, 2015, 04:31:54 PM)
Following - 7 (87.5%)
Dnim Teluqnu Na - 1 (12.5%)
Total Voters: 7

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: TigSource Musical Challenge XXXIX - True Fear VOTING  (Read 1548 times)
Homicide_Monkey
Level 0

View Profile
« on: April 26, 2015, 04:31:54 PM »

Thanks for entering my poorly hosted contest. It was awesome to see some work that truly frightened me!
Comments and criticism all intended to be constructive so please don't anything too seriously if you don't agree. Your vision of your song is better than mine!

Following by MusicIsMight

Pretty unsettling. I really enjoyed how the percussion drove it. It was scary but made we want to overcome my fear to see just how horrifying things are. Really feels like something that would come at the end of the game when you finally get to face the monster. Only thing I think detracted from it was just how the voices seemed to be a tad too loud. I kept thinking maybe a pan delay with a nice cathedral reverb on the vocals and lowering the gain a little bit would make them truly terrifying. Less distinguishable as separate voices and more like an ethereal entity trying to push through. Good job!

Dnim Teluqnu Na by neaptide

Really unsettling how it constantly shifts soundscapes. That buzz is definitely like TV static late at night. You just want to turn it off and sleep with the lights on! Only criticisms I have are that the sound effects might be a little distracting when placed into a game. Also if the song would play for any longer than the edit you submitted I would suggest using a low-pass filter on the buzz to bring it and out so it isn't so straining on the ear. Nice work!

@HomicideMonkey<br /><br /><br />\"La Li Lu Le Lo\"
Barendhoff
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2015, 11:30:52 AM »

Voted! Interesting entries. I like how you guys approached fear in these different ways. One rogueish, the other clownish. This is cool. I'm looking forward to the next challenge!

bbtombo
Level 1

lvl 2 spellcaster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2015, 04:35:36 PM »

Thanks! I always appreciate the feedback.

Homicide_Monkey
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2015, 05:38:47 PM »

Congratulations MusicIsMight you were voted the highest for Following! You get to host the next competition!

Gabriel Naro
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2015, 11:17:07 AM »

Will there be a challenge in June? I just finished some pending work and I'm eager to give it a try! :D
Homicide_Monkey
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2015, 11:24:45 AM »

Narolol I've been wondering the same thing. It appears that MusicIsMight's last login was the day that they submitted their piece for the previous challenge. Since it's been almost 2 months since they were on I think neaptide should host the next challenge. Are there any objections to this? I'd rather keep these monthly challenges going than wait for someone who won but hasn't looked at the forum since submitting.

Gabriel Naro
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2015, 11:44:32 AM »

Anyone tried to PM him?
Pete301
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2015, 02:03:24 PM »

I would like to see another challenge soon. I love listening to these things, and partaking when I have the time.
ZackParrish
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2015, 04:16:39 PM »

I was tempted to host the next one myself as an actual contest with a monetary prize... buuuuut... I have too much going on right now to invest the time and attention I would need to give it. But in August... I might do it in August.

Daniel Pellicer
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2015, 12:34:24 AM »

Could I try hosting the next challenge?

rofklaw
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2015, 02:24:50 PM »

yes

i invoke my authority to allow it
pgil
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2015, 03:04:08 PM »

If the winner is MIA, and neaptide (the only other contestant) isn't interested, and you have a good idea, then you might as well go for it.
Daniel Pellicer
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2015, 12:07:56 AM »

Yeah, probably neaptide should do actually. Neaptide! Are you there? You had second place! You should host the next challenge please Smiley

Gabriel Naro
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2015, 10:12:52 AM »

So, lets set a time limit for this? If none of them show up we can get a random Wikipedia Page and make it the theme! Of course someone could host it aswell, but I like the randomness idea!
Daniel Pellicer
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2015, 07:18:35 AM »

narolol, do you think you could do that thing of the random wikipedia page, and expose and explain it? I think we could proceed now.

Gabriel Naro
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2015, 11:30:18 AM »

Sure. I'll try and host it since no one has showed up! Later today I'll post the entire thing.
Gabriel Naro
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2015, 02:23:39 PM »

Done: http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=48611.0
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic