Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411431 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 20, 2024, 03:36:40 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessSubmitting for PAX or Indie MegaBooth
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Submitting for PAX or Indie MegaBooth  (Read 751 times)
jboxx
Level 1

View Profile
« on: April 26, 2015, 09:23:04 PM »

I was just wondering, submissions are currently open for both the Megabooth and for PAX.  I was just wondering, if you should submit your game to both or just try your luck with the Megabooth.  I'm afraid I'll get rejected from the Megabooth and then didn't submit my game to PAX when I might have been accepted to just PAX, but I'm also afraid if I apply to both, I'll have to incur some fee for cancelling with PAX to be in the Megabooth. 

I'm just confused as to how I should approach this situation, both submissions end on May 8th so I don't have much time.  Thanks for any helpful advice!
RaconteurNick
Level 1

Business Dude @ Raconteur Games

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 11:30:33 AM »

Hi Tox2000, I believe that if you are accepted to both they (Megabooth) will obviously discuss with you about which you want. A booth in the Megabooth is likely more affordable than standard PAX booth space I think.

I'm not an expert but I'm applying to the Megabooth for the second time. Gonna plug the wonderful Christopher Floyd -- he's the go-to person for anything Indie Megabooth! His email is: [email protected]. He can give you a definitive answer.

Best of luck with your event and game. Smiley

jboxx
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 11:50:04 AM »

Thank you very much!  I really appreciate it.
joe_eyemobi
Level 3

Fledgling Indie Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2015, 07:14:41 PM »

I've only ever done PAX Aus, but they tend to be pretty open to Indies of all types.  You should just ask and find out - the worst thing is they will say no, and probably explain why, which is just as valuable.  However if they say yes, then that's your objective achieved.

Cheezmeister
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2015, 10:21:12 PM »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the general PAX submission more selective/competitive, given that it's open to THE MAN--er, I mean, more professional, commercial games with more dollars behind them? I mean, that's the whole purpose of the megabooth, isn't it, to give indie devs more clout at these venues by joining forces?

Assuming that's the case, I'd only bother submitting to the general pool if the extra exposure of your very own booth really justifies the extra fee (and if that's the case, why would you NOT submit to both?) For that matter, I'd _prefer_ being in the megabooth because that's where your peeps are, players and devs alike.

෴Me෴ @chzmstr | www.luchenlabs.com ቒMadeቓ RA | Nextris | Chromathud   ᙍMakingᙌCheezus II (Devlog)
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic