Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411485 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 07:27:42 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogs Sorcerobe - New demo!
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Sorcerobe - New demo!  (Read 6994 times)
B
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2015, 12:14:19 AM »

Thanks for the nice words everyone! You're all too kind  Smiley

Game looks amazing! Though I feel like the early screenshots (before tiles and textures) were more readable.

Yeah I definitely feel that too. None of the sprites are final of course, I'm always thinking about readability when it comes to the visuals so hopefully I can bring it around and maybe make it even more clear than it was originally while I improve the visuals aesthetically

Also would you care to take us through how the 3d and 2d aspects of the game are developed in GM:S as a few other people have said, I had no idea Game Maker could support 3D. Is it as intuitive as the 2D capabilities?

it was fairly simple to implement in my case because of the fixed camera nature of my game. basically the "depth" variable becomes what controls where the objects lie on the Z axis. I didn't really need to dip into the more complex uses of 3d because my setup is essentially a 2d game with a diorama mode, So I can't comment on how it is past the small amount i've explored. But what i've used so far seemed easy enough!
and
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2015, 12:43:50 AM »

How's things going since you released the demo?

Anything exciting on the horizon?

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic