Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 04:40:53 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)Looking for 2D artist for Sol-Ark (Sandbox space-sim RTS) [Rev Share]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Looking for 2D artist for Sol-Ark (Sandbox space-sim RTS) [Rev Share]  (Read 896 times)
autumnspark
Level 0

hnnngh

View Profile WWW
« on: May 02, 2015, 09:49:00 AM »

Hello boys and girls!

My name is Justin and I'm the writer/designer for Sol-Ark, a 2D space sim game focusing on sandbox, rts, and rogue like elements that has been in development for a whole year now. I'm going to give a a bunch of information in a second, but I think it's important to start off this post with some transparency. One, we are incorporated as an LLC and as such we want to protect you, and ourselves, from any conflicts about work and payment. There are plenty of horror stories out there about working for developers and we don't want to join the anthology. You will definitely have a say in the contract we create together before committing to anything so that we can have a happy relationship together. Cool? Cool.

Some stuff about the team:
Main Website
IndieDB
We are a totally international with members in Russia, the Ukraine, the UK and the United States.
With no funding the game as progressed amazingly well in the last year under the pretense of Revenue Share
We love astronomy and science and they have a special place in our game

Some stuff about the game:
Sol-Ark is played as a top down sim-style game
The game's sandbox is for ship construction. You build your ship however you want to.
The player has direct ship control. You control its different engine types for strafing, forward, reverse and rotation using ASWD & QEZC. It is a hell of a lot of fun. Ship weapons can be manually fired or set to automatic.
The player builds all the ships systems, sub systems, weapons, and monitors their status and oxygen level of the ship
The game has indirect NPC control with the ability to form squads to give specific directions and NPC task priorities can be changed so they do what you want them to do. 
NPC behavior is subjected to a morale system. Happy NPCs do their job well. Angry, aloof, or depressed ones may hurt themselves, give away your location, or end their unyielding solitude by jumping headfirst into hard vacuum.
There are enemies (think pirates, robots, aliens) and good guys too (traders, miners, factions)
Random events happen all the time. Think black holes, alien infestations, deadly electrical short circuits, ship cleaving space masers, enemy ships, friendly ships, NPC hallucinations, the list goes on and on.

Still reading? I hope so.

What we are looking for in a 2D artist:
We need someone to help design-

-Concept art
-In-game graphics
-Someone who is willing to revise work as needed and give/take criticism in a healthy environment (you will have a voice, by golly)
-Someone who is excited about making some very cool stuff to make a game well under way look and play even better than it already is. We want you to make your mark on what we are doing and be proud of it.

We have been going for a mixed pixel style which you could probably tell from our screens if you've checked them out on our main page or IndieDB. If you feel like you might be interested in hearing what we're up to and getting more information you can send me a message to chat a little. I'm super friendly (unless there is a cat in the room) and love talking about art, games, movies, and books. I wish you all the best in your artistic endeavors and hope to hear from some of you  Smiley

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic