Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411279 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 02:11:28 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsLove Letter Competition Voting
Poll
Question: Which games will you vote for?  (Voting closed: February 24, 2009, 11:41:41 AM)
The Magic Catflap - 21 (13.1%)
Valentine - 9 (5.6%)
Non-Interactive Love Letter - 4 (2.5%)
Small game for my girlfriend - 6 (3.8%)
Lovely - 19 (11.9%)
Coulomb's Law - 14 (8.8%)
I Love You - 13 (8.1%)
Heart Heist - 31 (19.4%)
Kiss Me - 22 (13.8%)
Mouse and Mouse - 6 (3.8%)
Love Me - 5 (3.1%)
European hand love with boy - 4 (2.5%)
European hand love with boy 2 - 6 (3.8%)
Total Voters: 42

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Love Letter Competition Voting  (Read 48758 times)
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2009, 03:56:51 PM »

No. However, the names are too long to extract in some cases in winrar or in vista (I and a few of my friends had problems with that). So you may need to rename the folders to shorter names before it extracts correctly.

miconazole
Level 1

contact through email pls

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2009, 04:56:49 PM »

Whoa, Kiss Me gives me a bsod.  I haven't seen one of those since I ran Windows ME.  Has it happened to anyone else?

increpare
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2009, 05:03:17 PM »

Whoa, Kiss Me gives me a bsod.  I haven't seen one of those since I ran Windows ME.  Has it happened to anyone else?
oh man, really? 

what os are you using? (is it xp64 by any chance?)

could you check if there's any file by the name of stdout.txt or stderr.txt in the application directory?  if there is, could you let me know what they say?
TheBlackMask
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2009, 06:15:23 PM »

Welcome to my life.  With my defective RAM, I see around 8 - 10 of those a day  Sad
Fuzz
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2009, 08:49:28 PM »

It's a pity there are almost as few voters as contestants. Hopefully the frontpage mention will get some more.
36 voters seems decent. Text the Halls was an official compo (albeit with only 10 games) and only 19 people voted.
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2009, 09:00:45 PM »

When I wrote that there were about 16 voters. It's picked up.

Fuzz
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2009, 09:03:33 PM »

When I wrote that there were about 16 voters. It's picked up.
20 voters in 11 hours is pretty good, I think.
miconazole
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2009, 10:26:58 PM »

oh man, really? 

what os are you using? (is it xp64 by any chance?)

could you check if there's any file by the name of stdout.txt or stderr.txt in the application directory?  if there is, could you let me know what they say?

Well when I say it gives me a bsod, I actually mean it gave me one the first and only time I ran it so maybe it's not a consistent thing, I'd rather not try again though.  There is a file called stdout.txt, but it's empty.

I've got the 32-bit Vista home edition, a 2.77mHz Intel dual core and 2 megs of ram.  I'm guessing my processor doesn't like the game.

increpare
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2009, 02:00:07 AM »

Well when I say it gives me a bsod, I actually mean it gave me one the first and only time I ran it
Hmm. Did it appear straight away when you launched the game, or only when you were playing/started to play?  Silly other question: did you extract it from the zip before running it?

Your processor sounds more than powerful enough to run it (I wrote it on a 1.6ghz macbook).

Anyway, no worries.  Thanks for letting me know; I'll keep an eye out for troubles my end.
professor dead
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2009, 07:35:17 AM »

just to nitpick, stephen, por favor, could you change the author of european 1 and 2 to iconic ghosts, since they were both from us.
increpare
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2009, 07:44:34 AM »

done (though not bold)
professor dead
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2009, 07:48:07 AM »

thank you  Smiley Hand Thumbs Up Right
professor cake
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2009, 07:56:45 AM »

Thanks.   Smiley

http://iconicghosts.blogspot.com/

in reality, we are just a game-making, two-headed flying bitch bear raining baby cakes upon the hapless evil-doers.
miconazole
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2009, 09:30:05 AM »

Well when I say it gives me a bsod, I actually mean it gave me one the first and only time I ran it
Hmm. Did it appear straight away when you launched the game, or only when you were playing/started to play?  Silly other question: did you extract it from the zip before running it?

Yeah, I basically opened it and the first thing I saw was a blue screen.  I actually thought it was a joke since I hadn't seen one for like 5 years, it wasn't until my computer was halfway through restarting that I realised, hold on...  And yeah, I'd extracted it.

I was going to assign it to a single core and try again but I must have hallucinated this option, since I can't find the setting anywhere, which is slightly alarming since I could swear I've done this before... several times.  Oh well.  I'll let you know if I manage something.

increpare
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2009, 09:31:56 AM »

I was going to assign it to a single core and try again but I must have hallucinated this option, since I can't find the setting anywhere, which is slightly alarming since I could swear I've done this before... several times.  Oh well.  I'll let you know if I manage something.
it usually appears under the compatibility mode settings; if you set it to windows 95 or whatever that single-cores it (i think)
miconazole
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2009, 09:32:18 PM »

it usually appears under the compatibility mode settings; if you set it to windows 95 or whatever that single-cores it (i think)

Oh but I could have sworn you could right-click a program and pick "set affinity", eh.  As it happens setting the compatibility mode to Windows 95 doesn't fix it so either it doesn't stick it on a single core or single-coring it doesn't work either.  But nobody else seems to be having this issue so I guess I just have a freak of a computer?

ElTipejoLoco
Level 2

You can call me Edua.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2009, 05:38:29 AM »

Submit my votes. I must say I was rather torn when doing so. Great job, everyone.

Too bad the results aren't privated/privatized/whatever'd yet.

Currently brainstorming for a project
ElTipejoLoco
Level 2

You can call me Edua.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2009, 02:33:14 AM »

Love Compo Voting is over.

Currently brainstorming for a project
increpare
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2009, 03:56:10 AM »

indeed; warm congratulations to Moth and Battlerager for winning, but no-less sincere appreciations to everyone else for their entries.
battlerager
Level 10

I resent that statement.

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2009, 06:32:54 AM »

Hand Shake LeftKissHand Shake Right
I'm so happy right now.

Thanks so much to everyone, and congrats to the other participants. Everyone did a great job! Thanks to increpare for organizing this.

Also, big thanks to Moth for allowing me to be part of such an awesome game. Seriously, he worked his ass off and all I did was some small tunes  Wizard

Great competition, everyone Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic