Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 07:13:39 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessI've Never Built a Game But Am in the Process and Have Questions
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: I've Never Built a Game But Am in the Process and Have Questions  (Read 506 times)
rcg222629
Level 0

View Profile
« on: May 04, 2015, 10:45:26 PM »

I am working to create a money management action simulation where building up financial smarts is the key objective. It consists of hundreds of missions, mini-games, and challenge questions that take place on interactive maps of 11 major cities on six different continents.  In order unlock a city, the game player has to grow his/her finances by getting better jobs, accomplishing missions, investing and in general properly managing his/her finances.  The player starts off by creating a budget and establishing a checking and a savings account, then progresses on through the game moving on interactive maps of each city that they travel to.   Along the way, the game player can earn “sizzle” or swagger for his/her avatar, based on certain purchases.

I’d say the missions, challenge questions and sizzle are the most entertaining aspects of the game, along with the fact that the missions will take place in 11 different major cities on six different continents.  The missions cover all areas of personal finance and require the game player to make decisions (i.e., buy a new car or a used one, should I cosign on a loan for a loved one, buying stock, etc.).  There's also a social media component in which you can see how your avatar is doing relative to those of your friends.

I’ve created a Game Design Document and am now ready to move forward to the next steps.

That said, my questions are as follows:

1.   What are some of the best business models I can use to sell my game to financial institutions (i.e., license the game, sell the game to only one financial institution and customize it to the specs of that particular institution and include that bank’s brand images, etc.)?
2.   What are some additional things I can do and/or add to the game to increase its likelihood of success?
3.   What’s the best technology to use for this type of game (Flash, Unity 3D, etc)?
4.   What are the best approaches for getting funding for my project?

Thanks so much!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic