Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 06:12:41 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralWhat is the best religion and the best anime
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Author Topic: What is the best religion and the best anime  (Read 4110 times)
Razz
Level 6

subtle shitposter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2015, 09:40:20 AM »

harry pott

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2015, 09:41:07 AM »

severus longbottom kills draco dumbledore

Razz
Level 6

subtle shitposter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2015, 12:17:25 PM »

ur a wizard goku

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2015, 12:18:09 PM »

a WOT?

itsyourpalmike
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2015, 05:39:49 PM »

Best religion is Jediism hands down. Everybody wants to be a Jedi. Show me one person who doesn't.
Fallsburg
Level 10

Fear the CircleCat

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2015, 07:12:46 PM »

None and FLCL?
b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2015, 11:48:39 PM »

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2015, 01:18:42 AM »

Best religion is Jediism hands down. Everybody wants to be a Jedi. Show me one person who doesn't.
me

Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2015, 05:23:06 AM »

Any religion, as a practice of rituals and following of rules, is a pointless attempt to produce cosmic significance and gain confidence in the face of death. Christianity by contrast is a faith that preaches the futility of such legalism and instead claims that God has offered, at no cost to us, (but great cost to Him) a way that we can be considered by God worthy of being joined with God through Jesus.

As for anime, I don't think I've been as haunted or profoundly influenced by any one anime more than evangelion, but that's a pretty stock answer.
Attack on Titan is entertaining and tense while you're watching it. Cowboy Beebop is whimsical and unique. Those are the only decent anime's I've seen so far

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2015, 05:28:38 AM »

you should replace religion with culture anyway, all culture have ritual to produce cosmic significance, especially in the silicon valley

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2015, 05:31:20 AM »

pls, mittens, the question is obviously what single thing is simultaneously the best religion and the best anime, not two different questions

but i guess something called EVANGELION might be suited to cover that too : p p pp

Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2015, 05:35:51 AM »

you should replace religion with culture anyway, all culture have ritual to produce cosmic significance, especially in the silicon valley

That's right, it's something every human does by default. Even people who claim to worship no god are instead just labeling their worship differently. What one in the east might call worship of a god or idol, the westerner calls discipline or commitment to a job or idea

Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2015, 05:41:49 AM »

That thing is only for people born with special abilities, which are passed on genetically (encourages eugenics) and the rest of us are just supposed to worship them cuz of that arbitrary trait. It's pretty fucked up tbh.

Same goes for harry potter even though the story contains a transparent metaphor for the evils of racism

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2015, 05:45:44 AM »

Also in harry potter why everyone seems so excited with love potion, in the real world it's call GHB and it's horrible UGH!!! that movie is evil

J-Snake
Level 10

A fool with a tool is still a fool.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2015, 05:55:45 AM »

That's right, it's something every human does by default. Even people who claim to worship no god are instead just labeling their worship differently. What one in the east might call worship of a god or idol, the westerner calls discipline or commitment to a job or idea
So religion isn't pointless after all.

Independent game developer with an elaborate focus on interesting gameplay, rewarding depth of play and technical quality.<br /><br />Trap Them: http://store.steampowered.com/app/375930
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2015, 06:13:42 AM »

what about ppl who are not committed to anything and would rather just die or smth

is that the archetype atheist™

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2015, 06:19:30 AM »

So religion isn't pointless after all.

More like blaming religion for something people do anyway even without it

Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2015, 06:23:57 AM »

this is the new paul eres thread

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2015, 06:34:21 AM »

what about ppl who are not committed to anything and would rather just die or smth

is that the archetype atheist™

I know a lot of people claim they live for nothing and will be happy to simply no longer exist when they die, but I think if you searched how they live, it would tell a story of someone devoted to something, even if that something was themselves or it could even be their identity in believing a godless ideology.
I also think anyone who might make such a claim hasn't thought through the implications of their own beliefs, because to do so should invariably lead to utter despair in their futility. Whenever I've heard advocates of this world view speak, they always happen to include certain 'hopes' and 'values' right after nullifying the capacity of such metaphysical concepts in arguing for pointless existence

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2015, 06:36:30 AM »

well you can enjoy stuff to fill your days with without seeing any of it as a goal tho

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic