Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 09:32:38 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessSteam Concept Page
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Steam Concept Page  (Read 860 times)
xier
Level 1

Totes mah goats

View Profile WWW
« on: May 12, 2015, 11:51:44 AM »

Hey all,

Just looking at various sources to drive traffic about our game .. I was wondering, has anyone used the Steam concept page to boost their visibility? Is it worth/not worth it?

Any experiences / insights about the process would be greatly appreciated.

Currently working on: www.dragonoflegends.com
Feel like connecting? {Twitter}{Facebook}
Fenrir
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 11:41:07 PM »

We're also preparing a Steam Concept page for Wanderer, it will serve as a base to our Greenlight campaign and for instance the Eitr one (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=333408822) seems to have quite some success.

xier
Level 1

Totes mah goats

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2015, 08:33:05 AM »

oh cool, ya might as well just get one up there .. c&c are always good .. here's ours btw

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=442039678

DanglinBob
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2015, 09:25:23 AM »

Actually I have no numbers on how effective this can be to market a game. My instinct says not very (traffic you send there could just have easily been sent anywhere else)... but it's easy to make, so why not make it and see. The plus side may be... well, if there's some kind of wishlist feature that steam will email them when it moves to Greenlight?  And again when it launches? That can save you some hassle.

If you could post some numbers as to how much audience you drew directly and how much audience found your page unrelated to you that'd be very handy for everyone!

guille
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2015, 02:48:42 PM »

In my experience, it is useless to boost your traffic, because it won't get a lot of traffic by itself.

A lot of people will check your game if you publish it on Greenlight, but the concepts category is not as popular. I got very few views and no comments at all. You would need to push traffic from somewhere else.

With the amount of content you already have, Fenrir and xier, I would advise you to create a Greenlight campaign instead so you can start getting some votes and favorites. Concepts is good just for sketches and ideas. I did that with a game I've been developing and it is now greenlit, even though all the media was work in progress and very far to the final quality the game will have.

xier
Level 1

Totes mah goats

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2015, 05:47:22 AM »

yea fair point guille, i was thinking it would be more effective to launch greenlight mid-way through KS for a (hopeful) extra spike in traffic to counter the mid-campaign lul period .. this is all theory right now, but from what i've read that strategy seems like it may help to counter that flat line
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 07:51:33 AM by xier » Logged

guille
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2015, 07:41:33 AM »

If you are launching a KS then it is, indeed, a good idea to wait and launch both at about the same time, as one helps the other. I've read articles recommending this, so yes, better to wait a little longer.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic