Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 04:09:24 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessSales figures from Rapture - World Conquest
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Sales figures from Rapture - World Conquest  (Read 1194 times)
Columbo
Level 0

View Profile
« on: May 18, 2015, 10:54:25 AM »

On my path toward releasing my first indie game, I've always loved seeing the sales figures that other indies have shared. I think it's a hugely valuable thing because indie developers don't have access to the same sort of market data that larger companies do, and sharing the numbers helps us all make better decisions about what markets to target.

It's for that reason I really want to share the sales figures for Rapture - World Conquest, it's kind of a thank you for all the post-mortems that have inspired and informed me on the way.

We're doing so at the point where we switch our app from paid to free, so if you want to check it out, it's free on the iOS app store now.

http://www.tundragames.com/the-first-8-months-going-free/

DanglinBob
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2015, 10:33:03 AM »

Always handy to see some numbers, so thanks. A shame you guys fell into the extremely common hole of "we made some money, but not enough." which is pretty much the plague of iOS (and now Steam too, more and more).

Keep this updated with how the switch to free to play impacts the overall numbers and income numbers! Especially in regards to multiplayer.

As you noted and I want to echo: Traditional media coverage (IGN, Toucharcade, etc) does not seem to equate to more downloads or sales. Fact is, there's very few ways to promote an iOS product.
Columbo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2015, 10:53:01 AM »

We've just released Rapture - World Conquest for free on Android (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tundragames.rapture_worldconquest).

To coincide with the release we've made a new blog post with sales figures that detail what happened when we switched our game from premium to F2P on iOS. Hopefully it'll be useful information for anyone who is on the fence about whether or not to launch as free or switch a premium game to free.

Here it is: http://www.tundragames.com/going-free-post-mortem/

Orymus
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2015, 06:23:10 PM »

Thanks for taking the time to share these numbers.
Really helps start-ups like mine make 'more informed' decisions.
Sorry you couldn't make more. Hopefully, next time?
RunoverSnoozer
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2015, 04:32:45 AM »

Tnx for sharing and nice game!

Artcle
Level 0

Fulfilling Dreams

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2015, 10:50:16 AM »

Its difficult to see our dreams come true, many think it's just arriving, make a game and be millionaires... but it takes a lot of work do it. Nice work and game.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic