Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 12:57:02 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingCute Things Dying Violently (Android/iOS/PC/Mac/Linux)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Cute Things Dying Violently (Android/iOS/PC/Mac/Linux)  (Read 1229 times)
AlejandroDaJ
Level 0

ApathyWorks

View Profile WWW
« on: May 20, 2015, 11:48:53 AM »

Downloads (ranked in order of testing importance):
Android
Linux
Mac OSX
PC

See below for Steam and iOS versions...

Cute Things Dying Violently
A game where nothing bad happens.

Trailer

Description:
Flick hapless Critters around to get them safely out of each level! Dodge all sorts of lethal goodies like spikes, buzzsaws, and fire, and use a variety of wacky items to pull it off. Play through 48 mind-bending, reflex-testing singleplayer levels, 24 achievements, and 1 murderous bucket-headed robot! Want more? Try out the built-in level editor.

Downloads (ranked in order of testing importance):
Android
Linux
Mac OSX
PC

Changelog 1.1 (5/27/15):
  • You can now double tap (mobile only) on an object to start aiming it
  • Level 1.1 now has a tutorial for double tapping to aim (mobile only)
  • Fixed (hopefully) Android Level of the Week error
  • Fixed (hopefully) ManualPause errors
  • Added Android Back button support
  • Changed Main Menu news icon from Twitter-based to html-based
  • Minor fixes

What to test (5/20/15):
Functionality and performance across different Android devices, bugs and general playability on desktop.  On Steam, the use of publishing, sharing, subscribing, and deleting custom levels. (See below)

Steam and iOS:
If you would like to help me test on Steam (PC/Mac/Linux all available) and specifically test the Workshop functionality of sharing levels, or you'd like to give the game a whirl on iOS, please PM me (or post here, for those with a Wikileaks-style approach to their contact info):
  • Steam or iOS
  • Steam account name (what you login with) or Apple ID (usually an email address)
  • Name
  • Contact email

... and I'll take it from there, signing you up via Steam or iOS TestFlight.

This is my first time using TIGSource for playtesting, so I hope things go smoothly. Thanks in advance! Toast Right
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 08:43:18 AM by AlejandroDaJ » Logged
DamianVB
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2015, 07:30:57 AM »

Hi!

I tested it on Nexus 4 Android 4.4.4. I have completed stage 1 and 2. Here are my suggestions/bugs:

When I click on question mark it it shows msg: “failed to load level lotw” and from adb: I/Unity﹕ Failed to load level: LOTW
    (Filename: ./artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebug.gen.cpp Line: 56)

When I pressed back nothing happens. I would say that expected behaviour on Android is that on back you go to previous screen and back on main menu closes app, but maybe it is just me. Msg from adb on pressing back button: I/Unity﹕ NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
            at PauseIngame.ManualPause () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
            at PauseIngame.Click () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
            at PauseIngame.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I think that quit button in main menu would be nice, just because it is in fullscreen.

I am not sure if it is necessary to show the two fingers flick, because the other method (using two hands) seems much more comfortable. But maybe it is different on big tablet screen.

Nice feature with possibility to invert flicker.

I didn’t know from the start what a sensitivity is exactly, maybe make it more descriptive like “Flicker sensitivity”?

In general imo game is fun to play, and as you can see above suggestion are only minor things, good job!
AlejandroDaJ
Level 0

ApathyWorks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2015, 07:03:18 AM »

Thanks much! Another Android tester reported the same bug as you recently, which I'm currently working on fixing. I'll upload a new build once I can verify it's fixed.
AlejandroDaJ
Level 0

ApathyWorks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 08:42:43 AM »

Updated to 1.1 (changelog above).
DamianVB
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2015, 04:07:39 AM »

Ahhh I see question mark is level that is downloaded. The problem was that I didn’t know that and I had my Internet turned off. You should probably check if Internet connection is available and show some message if it is not. Most preferably it should be message with a buttons change your wifi/cell phone network settings, but I don’t know if you have access to this native Android methods from Unity. Things like:
Code:
startActivity(new Intent(android.provider.Settings.ACTION_WIRELESS_SETTINGS))
and
startActivity(new Intent(android.provider.Settings.ACTION_WIFI_SETTINGS))

Great idea about double taping, but I can’t get past tutorial now Sad I double tap it and hold, everything seems to work at this point I can see the aiming arrow and move it, but when I let go animations starts (stars and critter flying animation) but critter doesn’t move and tutorial is just stuck.
AlejandroDaJ
Level 0

ApathyWorks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2015, 09:55:27 AM »

I'll fix the tutorial bug ASAP, and I've enhanced the description of the Level of the Week load error so that it explains you need an internet connection. Thanks!
AlejandroDaJ
Level 0

ApathyWorks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2015, 07:19:20 PM »

Links are all updated. Does that fix things?
DamianVB
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2015, 02:06:02 AM »

Tutorial works again Smiley

Although there was other problem, I played a levels a bit and then decided to go back. Level selection screen showed up but I couldn't click on anything, game didn't frozen completely because I could still hear music. I tried "minimizing" and going back but it didn't helped. I had to kill process. I couldn’t recreate this bug.

Messages form Adb (previous ones were just grabbing critter):
06-03 11:40:22.248    2240-2262/? I/Unity﹕ Saving progress for campaign level 3: scored 3, is perfect = False
    (Filename: ./artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebug.gen.cpp Line: 56)
06-03 11:40:23.159    2240-2262/? I/Unity﹕ Set stage 0 @ 645.8984
06-03 11:40:23.159    2240-2262/? W/Unity﹕ Can not play a disabled audio source
    (Filename:  Line: 398)
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic