Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 09:08:24 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallProject ENERGY
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Project ENERGY  (Read 486 times)
Jaevwyn
Level 0

View Profile
« on: May 21, 2015, 04:37:18 AM »

Hi Guys,
Im looking to showcase my current project 'ENERGY'but first a little about myself.

Im Chris, I am currently studying a Degree(BA Hons) in Design for Games at Plymouth College of Art.
My final project is the creation of my up and coming game currently entitled 'ENERGY'.
I started out enjoying designing games back when Neverwinter Nights was a hit new game with its powerful toolkit, I quickly took a shine to this and my interests in Game Design developed quickly.

After my degree course I am looking to release my current project as soon as its ready to finally get my foot into the competitive world that is the Game Industry.

Now as for my project ENERGY,
‘Energy’ is a fast-paced, platforming game that utilises innovative game-play such as ‘rebounding’ and ‘twitch-reflex’ response to avoid instant ‘death’. Despite the simple game mechanics, the levels of the game are deliberately harsh and require the player to complete flawlessly.

A key mechanic requires players to flip gravity for traversing the levels demanding players to be more spatially aware.
This is balanced by a well-constructed learning path that encourages and rewards return play.

Energy will be released on the IOS App Store after its completion. This current release is a demo featuring a tutorial and 3 challenging levels of scaling difficulty.

Images of ENERGY can be found both on my twitter and my Carbonmade site found below:
https://twitter.com/Jaevwyn51773
https://energygame.carbonmade.com/

I hope you like what you see!

jeremiah
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2015, 04:44:28 PM »

Hmmm. I like the minimalist/cyberpunk aesthetic, but kind of hard to evaluate it with a video or demo. You mention a demo but I don't see one anywhere. Please think about renaming the project. ENERGY is not unique (which should be your main concern) or memorable even as a working title.

Golden Krone Hotel - a vampire roguelike - dev log
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic