Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 09:35:18 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTechnical (Moderator: ThemsAllTook)Scorpio 3D - A WIP Java and OpenGL 3.0 Game Engine
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Scorpio 3D - A WIP Java and OpenGL 3.0 Game Engine  (Read 596 times)
Impossible Realms
Level 2

Lurks in Pre-Alpha

View Profile
« on: May 21, 2015, 06:59:20 AM »

For those of you who don't like large walls of text and just want a new, very unfinished engine to play with and break quite easily, here's the link: https://github.com/GravityGames/scorpio3d

Hello, for those of you who don't know (which is probably a lot of you), I've been trying to make a game engine to speed up the development time of my games (which I have been programming alongside the engine), and more convenient for other people if I ever decide to hire another programmer. I also recently decided that I should just open source it, and allow other people to use the engine as well. At this point I'm still trying to make it a viable option, especially in 3D (despite it's name, I've mostly tested this engine with 2D games). Keep in mind that there is currently no lighting and no skeletal animation at this point (but they are on the feature list, heck, the only reason that I haven't implemented skeletal animation is that I only have support for loading .obj files, I even have a partially completed shader for it sitting in another project). I need people to test out the engine (preferably by making small little test games). As this engine isn't really just for me anymore, I can't really add features based solely on my games (though these features still would be added first), so please, tell me ANYTHING that you think the project still needs. Keep in mind that this project is still very much in it's infancy, it will not compare to Unity 3D, Unreal Engine or similar (it'd be nice to be up there one day, but it's best to focus on getting it done first). Also updates might be slow for a short while, as I'm currently updating the Github Wiki to describe how to use the various classes (at the time of writing, only the explanation for the texture loading class is done). So anyways, don't hold back any punches. I want this engine to be as good as possible.

Also, just as a little side thing, I have a custom variation of the loadPNG function that allows transparancy for RGB format PNGs (ones without transparancy, like the ones made in MS Paint) by setting a specific color to be the transparent color. It's not currently part of the engine, but I want to know if it's worth including into it.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic