Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 11:51:45 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsMunich, Germany: Exhibition & GameCamp (June 2015)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Munich, Germany: Exhibition & GameCamp (June 2015)  (Read 1058 times)
OMBG
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: May 23, 2015, 03:52:41 AM »

FULL DISCLOSURE: I'm not part of the official organisation for these events, but since I have attended both events last year, I now know parts of the organizational team personally.

From the 5th to 7th of June there are two events going on in Munich, Germany that I want to tell you about:

The first event is an exhibition for games and game art created in Bavaria. On Friday the 5th of June Bavarian companies and developers will gather at the WERK1 Munich to present their Games and related Artworks. Exhibitors can register for free until 2nd of June (games) / 26th of May (artworks). The entrance for visitors is free as well and they can talk with the developers, try their games and enjoy the art. This event is a great opportunity to show off your work (finished or not) and to get feedback by the general public. You can find more information about the event over here.

The second event following on the weekend of June 6th and 7th is the GameCamp Munich, a so-called barcamp or unconference: About 150 people working in and interested in games will meet in a University Campus to give and listen to self-organized talks on various subjects, ranging from Programming over Graphics and Audio Production to Emergency Zombie Self Defence. The atmosphere is very open and laid back and you can freely decide how to spend these two days on the campus. The talks are given mostly in German language, although there is no official rule for that, so you can give your talk in English as well. There is a small fee for attending (5 €) and you need to register via the gamecamp website if you want to attend.

A year ago I was uncertain whether I should visit these events or not. I went there alone without knowing anyone and I had a highly entertaining weekend and I got a lot of new insights and different perspectives on making games. I can highly recommend these events to anyone interested in games that lives in travel distance from Munich.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 05:16:22 AM by OMBG » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic