Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411469 Posts in 69368 Topics- by 58422 Members - Latest Member: daffodil_dev

April 23, 2024, 04:43:32 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingAsian Riddles HTML5
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Asian Riddles HTML5  (Read 529 times)
PlayToMAx
Level 0

PlayToMax HTML5 Games

View Profile WWW
« on: May 26, 2015, 01:11:07 AM »

Charming mysteries in an incredible puzzle game that will definitely give your brain lots of training with Asian Riddles!
This html5 version of a well-known game is about a trial and relax at the same time with more than 100 levels.

Perceive the world of Japanese crosswords, called nonograms, developing your logic, creative thinking and erudition. Images are encrypted with numbers located to the left of the lines and on above the columns. The numbers of lines show how many groups are in the filled cells of the corresponding row or column, and how many fused cells contain each of these groups.

Attempt to win 3 stars in each level you play to unlock every trophy.
Start playing to solve Asian Riddles right now to charm yourself with oriental atmosphere!

Play it online on your devices: http://playtomax.com/games/Asian-Riddles/

We have various solutions for Publishers and Developers:
- Own content development
- Premium games porting with exclusive rights on distributing HTML5 version worldwide
- White-label solution
- HTML5 gaming distribution
- Contract work for gaming and non-gaming companies
info @ playtomax com
Dacke
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 02:02:06 AM »

I love nonograms.

However:

It would be nice if the game itself was upfront about being a nonogram puzzler

I'm not sure if this is primarily designed for a touch interface, but when playing with a mouse the interface feels very clunky.

There are (almost?) no mouse-over or on-press effects, so it's unclear what visual elements you can interact with. I would expect every button, marking, etc. to have some visual feedback. In addition I'd expect there to be some text when mousing over certain buttons, specifically the Check/Cross-selector on the right.

Selecting Checks/Crosses via the panel on the right feels incredibly clunky. Other implementations usually use left/right-click for the different markings, which feels much better when playing with a mouse.

If you click-and-hold you can't abort the placement. Or wait -- is that what the abort-sign in the top left is for? Because it was hidden by the PlayToMax menu in my browser window. Why not simply cancel when dragging outside the grid?

I get some sense of exotification of Japanese culture, but I can't speak for Japanese people.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 02:07:44 AM by Dacke » Logged

programming • free software
animal liberation • veganism
anarcho-communism • intersectionality • feminism
Quicksand-S
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 05:39:47 AM »

Dacke said almost everything I would've said.

The only thing I have to add is, "How do you finish a level?" I solved the puzzle and nothing responded to my input so I couldn't return to the menu or go to the next level or anything. I had to reload the page to find that I'd gotten three stars and could move on. Is this a bug, or is there something I'm supposed to click somewhere?  EDIT: After finishing level 4, I actually got the level-complete screen, even though that never happened on the other levels.

My only other comment, as a person who is not a nonogram player, is that I don't see the point in placing X's. If I've filled in all the required positions and left the rest empty, I don't see why that wouldn't be enough.

I really like the visuals.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 10:00:19 AM by Quicksand-S » Logged

My Old Game: We Want YOU - Join the Fight for Freedom

Twitter - Mostly comments on games, old and new.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic