Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411412 Posts in 69360 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 15, 2024, 10:16:10 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsExperienced programmer & game designer looking for interesting & serious project
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Experienced programmer & game designer looking for interesting & serious project  (Read 1145 times)
kurismakku
Level 0

Will work for cat food.

View Profile
« on: May 27, 2015, 06:01:48 AM »

26 years old, Game Designer, Programmer, Project Manager.
Founder of Wondersond & Gemaneko.

Email : [email protected]
Twitter : https://twitter.com/kurismakku

Hi everyone ! Smiley
For the last 5 years I have been working mostly as indie game developer with bunch of other indies which gave birth to more than 20 video games so far. Most of my projects was sponsored by companies like Armor Games, Newgrounds, Kongregate, Miniclip etc., and now I am slowly making transition to Steam ! Which makes me really happy because players on Steam have more similar taste to games I like ! Like I said I connect with other passionate indies around the world and I was super lucky to work with some super awesome cool dudes like Jan Willem Nijman ( he actually inspired me to become game designer myself ), Kyle Pulver, Greg Lobanov, Brandon Williamson, Guy Unger that works with me now <3 and many others. There is so much to learn when you work with other people, and making games we love to play is always much more fun!  Cave Story So I am looking forward for new contacts that this post will make happen, that is why I gave it lot of effort to show you what I love. Smiley  Thank you for reading !

Programming languages : Haxe, ActionScript 3, JavaScript, basics of Python and C++.
Engines & frameworks : Unity3D, Starling, HaxeFlixel, HaxePunk.

Projects : SpitFire, Rocking Pilot, Epic Wizards Showdown, WAR Challenge, Verge, Forget Me Not, Sudden Aviator, 10800 Zombies, Crazy Over Goo, Amper&Sand, VideoGame The Game, GodFall, Paper Dreams, and others.

Why you should work with me ?
* Experience with most of the process of game creation from getting funds, recruiting and leading team, designing, programming, working with other designers, artists, composers, programmers, sound designers, to selling the game to sponsors
* I started & successfully produced, directed and developed more than 15 projects in last 5 years, and my games was played by millions of players around the web
* I am organized, responsible, efficient, and that is why my projects get finished !
* 3+ years of experience in game design – game mechanics, level design, game feel,  feedback, art directing, special effects design, user interface design, game progression, achievements, upgrades, economy...
* 5 years of experience in programming in various languages and frameworks, most of the games I programmed by myself, but I was also working good with other teams and programmers where we was working on the some code using Github. Game system and project code structure, gameplay, performance optimization, regular expressions, custom frameworks, object oriented programming design and patterns, level editors, animations and special effects, user interface, frontend – backend communication, crossplatform & multiple resolutions support, experience with various APIs and documentations, Github, Trello etc.
* Experience in designing & programming various genres :  2D, platformers, shooters, match 3,  trading card games, strategy, point & click adventures, 3D airplane racing, online turn based multiplayer, procedurally generated maze like games, physics puzzle games, etc.
* I motivate people that work with me, I appreciate feedback, I know myself & I always try to understand others, I am positive & optimistic, I love learning new things, traveling, sports, I am passionate gamer and I love art
* I love working with teams, learning from people, and making games together ! Smiley

Cave Story My favorite games  Gomez: all from Vlambeer !, Dark Souls, Demons Souls, Bloodborne, Metal Slug series, Hearthstone, Sonic & Knuckles, Geometry Wars, Gran Turismo 5, Braid, Magic The Gathering,  Worms Armaggeddon 1 & 2, Castlevania Symphony Of The Night ( PS1 ), Final Fantasy 9,   Ninja Gaiden 2 (SNES), Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Oddworld Abe's Odyssey and Exodus, Legacy Of Kain Soul Reaver, New Super Mario Bros WII, Broken Sword 1 & 2, Shadows Of The Colossus, Pac-Man-Championship-Edition-DX, Gears Of War 2 ( awesome co-op ),  Dark Cloud 2 etc. Lately I have been playing mostly Nuclear Throne, Geometry Wars 3, Hyper Light Drifter, and Papers Please.

SpitFire

SpitFire is 2D arena shooter in which player takes control of Napoleon through different levels of hell.

The game was made in collaboration between me and Guy Unger ( artist, animator & designer ).

Role : Game Designer & Programmer
Company : Wondersond & Slodderfox ( our own companies )

Game Design :
game mechanics analysis and comparison of various arena shooters including Geometry Wars trilogy, Frantic Frigates, Death VS Monstars, Waves etc.
designing core mechanics & game system
merging Geometry Wars 2 Pacifism mode with standard Evolved mode
reward-risk system
player's ability to chose the difficulty by being able to chose level of engagement with enemies  
enemies behaviors
resources economy
upgrades that impact the gameplay and enable various playstyles
bosses built on top of core mechanics that emphasize monster-hell style of combat
game progression & goals
game feel & polish
game feedback

Programming :
language Haxe, framework HaxeFlixel
custom framework on top of HaxeFlixel built for making 2D arena shooters with core features like reuseability, easy experimenting with behavioral & component object oriented pattern design, great performance for massive number of objects on the screen, cross-platform support, fast coding
system code structure
gameplay (physics, enemies, player, weapons etc.)
user interface
most of the special effects
 ... and everything else.

VideoGame The Game

Made for Indies vs PewDiePie game jam in collaboration with Guy Unger & Tyler Myers.

Role : Game Designer
Company : Wondersond & Slodderfox ( our own companies )

Game : http://gamejolt.com/games/arcade/video-game-the-game/39816/
PewDiePie Let's Play :

Markiplier Let's Play :

Rocking Pilot

Role : Project Manager, Game Designer, Programmer
Company : Wondersond ( my own company )

I handled everything from recruiting the team, managing the project and team, designing the game, development, presentation, and business. In team I was working remotely with artist Lena Maštruko, composer Bianca Ban, and writer Alex De-Gruchy.

Trailer : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cbgJogGv9I
Take control of a new, cutting-edge helicopter gunship, and stand against hordes of enemies. In middle of thrilling action you will need to combine power-ups for massive destruction, and use different tactics to outsmart unique enemies.
Have you got what it takes to be the most rocking pilot who ever blazed a trail of fiery vengeance across the skies? Will you eat the hearts of your fallen enemies to gain their courage?
Then get out there and give ‘em hell!
(Note: Actually, scratch that “heart-eating” thing, my superiors tell me we’re not allowed to do that anymore).

Epic Wizard Showdown

Role : Frontend Programmer
Company : Studio Kation

I was hired to work as frontend programmer in team with artists, backend programmer, and designer.

Programming :
Starling
frontend - backend  gameplay & player data communication
gameplay
user interface and skinning
project code structure
working with Github
implementing features by following game design documents
crossplatform & support for different resolutions

W.A.R. Challenge

Role : Frontend Programmer
Company : Studio Kation

I was hired to work as frontend programmer in team with backend programmer, and UI designer.

Programming :
Unity with languages UniScript and some C#
frontend - backend  gameplay & player data communication
3D physics gameplay
user interface
project code structure
 working with Github
implementing features by following game design documents
crossplatform & support for different resolutions

Sudden Aviator

Role : Project Manager, Game Designer, Programmer
Company : Gemaneko ( my own company )

GAME :  http://www.gupp.com/play/sudden-aviator.html

Be a rocking pilot in the middle of an ambush, and stand against hordes of enemies.
In middle of thrilling action you will need to fly through clouds, combine power-ups for massive destruction, and use different tactics to outsmart unique enemies.
Upgrade your ship, stop enemy's evil plans, collect trophies, and become a most famous flying ace in history of wars. Copter is waiting for you soldier, it's time for you to save the world.

Verge

Role : Programmer, Game Designer
Company : Gemaneko ( my own company )

Collaboration with Kyle Pulver ( design & art )  & Alec Holowka ( music ).

Play : http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/586408
Trailer : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4dYcbgAOFc

A puzzle platformer originally developed for a TIGSource game competition. Its tone can best be described with the HP Lovecraft quote that was the game's inspiration: Life and Death. Your goal is to make it to the door at the end of each level. You might think that you should avoid those enemies and spikes walking around... and you'd be wrong, since that's often the only way to progress. This will send you to the underworld where you'll have to avoid some truly dangerous demons (or shake them off with button-mashing), until you can make it to a resurrection point denoted by an ankh. There are switches to activate and upon which to place boxes, the momentum of gravity to consider, and fairies to collect.
The only question that remains is, well, "To Be Or Not To Be?"

Forget-Me-Not

Role : Programmer, Game Designer
Company : Gemaneko ( my own company ) & Nyarlu Labs

Collaboration with Brandon Williamson ( Nyarlu Labs ).

ported game from C++ to ActionScript 3
syntax was converted by using regular expressions
various optimizations including optimization of sound effects pitching, bitmap manipulations and assets compression

redesigned game difficulty suitable for Flash audience
designed different gameplay modes
designed gameplay tutorial

Forget-Me-Not is a tiny little arcade game for one or two players. Mazes + monsters + shooting.
Play it here : http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/595272

You have to run around the infinite, ever changing corridors of the NEON DUNJUN, gathering flowers and shooting everything. ZAP!
Grab the key to the next floor, and try not to let monsters take it off you. Once you've picked all the flowers, the doorway shall appear...
An important skill you should learn: Grinding the walls. Grind for a bit to charge yourself up for super enemy squishing powers and boosted speed. Don't let your charge build too high though or... '`*# KABOOM! #*'`

Procedurally generated, screen-wrapping, destructible mazes.

Paper Dreams

Role : Game Designer, Programmer
Collaboration with Zack Banack.

ported original game from Game Maker Language to ActionScript 3
redesigned and upgraded the original game
7 more levels, environment hazards,  20 new enemies, new weapons, upgrades
achievements

Play it on Big Fish Games :
http://www.bigfishgames.com/online-games/16869/paper-dreams/index.html

Blast hordes of enemies in this unique shooter, equip & upgrade to survive !!! Inspired by Ad Nauseum ( crazy Cactus ), completely hand drawn by Zack Banack. Each level features different enemies and a different style (shapes, cartoons and numbers and letters).

Crazy Over Goo

Collaboration with Greg Lobanov.

ported original game from GML to AS3
redesigned original game
progression with worlds & levels & total medals requirements
medals, measuring & rewarding players performance in level
20 new levels, new contraptions, redesigned difficulty
custom physics engine
designed & coded level editor with full functionalities like easy tilemap painting, undo/redo, loading & saving
unlockables : level editor items, costumes
user created levels sharing
online highscores

Game : http://www.addictinggames.com/puzzle-games/crazy-over-goo-game.jsp

Pursue your love across 63 levels filled with spikes, fire, water, gravity inverters, and switches while earning medals for the fewest number of clicks.

In this physics-based projectile platformer, like golf, the object is to get to each level's flag in the least number of jumps. To make things interesting, some jumps can occur in midair, requiring nimble mouse control (head's up, laptop users).

Practically every platforming element from other games is here in Crazy Over Goo. You have your midair jumps, ninja jumps (off sticky walls), and jumps onto spinning throwers. There are special gravity-affected areas and switches that flip the screen upside down. Some levels are dark, with illumination around your goo ball. Other stages have pushable buttons and keys that unlock closed-off areas. Deadly spikes and firepits dot the landscape.

10800 Zombies

Collaboration with Jan Willem Nijman ( Vlambeer ).

Play : http://www.clixsense.com/en/Games/Action/0/1012/10800_Zombies

When the zombies come sniffing around for a taste of your sweet, delicious brains, there's not much you can do except grab whatever firearms you have handy and head out for some undead slaying action. Dispatching a few zombies is one thing, but what about more than ten thousand zombies? Yikes! Regardless, running, jumping, and blasting your way through dimly lit corridors with zombies nipping at your heels is loads of fun.

Other Projects

Prototypes, experiments, game jams.

All this games was designed & programmed solely by me with exceptions of Coptra & Defem where my primary role was programmer.
Vizard & Match3 Dungeons was made for companies where I was employed, Agram 2113 and Amper&Sand are results of two exciting game jams where I was guiding & working with few artists, and Bactomons & Maw was made in collaboration with other artists over the internet. Coptra was made in collaboration with Jan Willem Nijman, and Defem with Scattle.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to working with you !  Beer!

dog199200
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2015, 12:06:44 PM »

My name is Dwight and I am designing a 3D adventure/platformer hybrid game for the Wii U. For more information, please review this post: http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/bubbleman-journey-through-the-stars.295658/

I currently have a small team consisting of one programmer (myself), one scenery modeler, one animator, and one composer, and am looking to expand the team. The game is still in it's early stages, with one some of the basic core mechanics done. If feel it would be good for the project to have another skilled programmer and game designer  in the team to bounce ideas off to help verify concept, as I have been doing everything up to this point. After reviewing the project from the link above feel free to email me at [email protected] if you are interested. Please keep in mind that it is a rather time consuming project.

A little more information that may not be on that page is that the game is intended to be a little more of a cartoon-like style, similar to what can be found in the Banjo Kazooie games, or the early Zelda games, but also has a dungeon crawler element similar to what could be found in the original Donkey Kong Country games. There are also other game elements that are intended to be similar to what could be found in Dark Cloud 2, and Pikmin. The idea is to be able to make a game that can be comparable to Rare's original work, which is a rather heavy goal to reach.

Ark
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2015, 08:58:14 AM »

Wow! Shocked You sound incredible! Almost too good to be a real person Smiley.

May be you'll be interested to help me with my project. It's here:
http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=48423.0

((Comparing it to your favorite games (mentioned in the list) it's kind of like: Castlevania Symphony Of The Night/ Oddworld Abe's Odyssey/Legacy Of Kain Soul Reaver/Shadow Of The Colossus. Of course it's not nearly as huge, but it has the similar atmosphere, "the same vein" as they say.

BomberTREE
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2015, 01:59:36 PM »

Beautiful portfolio man! Best of luck to you on your search  Smiley
UberGeek
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2015, 05:11:41 AM »

I sent your an email, but check this forum post on my game, Earth Boy. A 2D Side Scrolling Retro Shooter, with a twist!

I have a sequel already planned that turns it into a hybrid game, but right now the shooter would be great. The first in a trilogy.

http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=48724.0

Hope to hear from you.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic