Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 04:09:21 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessCrowdfunding rewards (comments)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Crowdfunding rewards (comments)  (Read 1312 times)
Chris Koźmik
Level 5

Silver Lemur Games

View Profile WWW
« on: May 28, 2015, 08:02:04 AM »

I plant to start crowdfunding campaign (IndieGoGo) soon. Here is my plan for the rewards.

$10 Game (Digital download, Steam key when available, etc)

$14 All above + Small cosmetic DLC/pack (like custom throne picture)

$20 All above + Digital artbook of the artist (content that was not in the game and other his works - SF related)

$25 All above + Prototype access (immediate access to the prototype (regularly updated), I'm not accepting complains about playability or balance of that one Smiley)

$30 All above + Thanks in Credits ingame (listed as backer)

$40 All above + The first big expansion (not small DLC) (if it's ever done)

$50 All above + All future expansions/DLCs (if these are done)

$75 All above + Thanks in Credits (listed as sponsor)

$90 All above + T-shirt (physical) with a big imperial eage (and a small text "Pocket Space Empire sponsor")

$100 (limit 50) Artifact sponsor - Tier $90 + we include an additional alien artifact and you will be listed as the sponsor of the artifact

$250 (limit 50) You being the Emperor - Tier $90 + the artist will make an additional picture of the Emperor based on photo you provided, it will be a selectable player avatar

$300 (limit 25) Audience event arc designer - Tier $90 + we will work with you on audience event (you give the idea we do the hard work), you will be listed as "Armchair designer" in credits (note: the idea must be decent)

$500 Imperial Notepad (physical) - Tier $90 + Artisan made notepad made of natural hide (they assure me it's non human althrough they did not specify if it's animal or alien hide Smiley) encrusted with a metal (tin) imperial eagle (like in the game) + a one page (separate) of simple conceptart/dooddle made by the artist (signed by the artist + a seal of authenticity) (Note: since the notepad and concept art is hand made the pictures below are just an example and the final one will differ - also most likely each copy will differ too)

$1000 (limit 8 ) Scenario designer - Tier $90 + we will work with you on an additional scenario for the game (note there are restrictions, it might not require creation of more than a few assets at most and no special mechanics; what's available is: races selection, number of planets, balance settings), you will be listed in game credits as "Armchair designer" and as that scenario designer.

$1000 Die hard fan - Tier $90 + You being the Emperor + Imperial Notepad + listed in credits as "Die hard fan"

$2000 (limit 8 ) Co-producer - Tier $90 + Imperial Notepad + 12 copies of the game to giveout + listed in credits as co-producer (we will consult with all co-producers what the first expansion should be also what to include in the basic game and what should be better for expansion due to added complexity).

$3000 (limit 2) Co-producer II - Co-producer but you paid more so we have more money to make the game quicker/better, you might get more copies of the game to give out if you wish (but some reasonable amount please) Smiley

$10000 (limit 1) The most die hard fan - You will get any/all rewards below you wish + listed in credits as "The most die hard fan of Pocket Space Empire"

Stellar Monarch 2 (dev log, IN DEVELOPMENT)
Stellar Monarch (dev log, released)
DanglinBob
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2015, 08:16:16 AM »

Boy I run into you everywhere :D

All I know is: Beware physical gifts. Seems like you have yours pretty high up in price, so that's probably good. Success can sometimes be very odd though with physical gifts. When my client hit 280k on Kickstarter we had... I think about 200+ items to pack and ship by hand afterwards. Took an entire month!
Chris Koźmik
Level 5

Silver Lemur Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2015, 08:24:28 AM »

Boy I run into you everywhere :D
Stalker Smiley

All I know is: Beware physical gifts. Seems like you have yours pretty high up in price, so that's probably good. Success can sometimes be very odd though with physical gifts. When my client hit 280k on Kickstarter we had... I think about 200+ items to pack and ship by hand afterwards. Took an entire month!
Yeah, I know, have heard the horror stories too. I ordered these with a sending service, so I basicly need to make a survey to gather adresses and then pass it to the producer. I will only have some sending back and forth with the concept arts but since that's part of the $500 tier I have a wide margin for mistakes.

b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2015, 01:57:43 PM »

1$ Thanks a lot for your support!    nothing
5$ Thanks a lot for your support!    digital background  or something like that.

not to be underestimated.
flap
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2015, 02:00:42 AM »

Hello,

I don't know much about crowd funding rewards...

My first thought is that there there really a many different stages. I don't know how efficient it is... (for example, is it usefull make a difference between the $25 and $30 stages ? and the $75 / $90 stages ?)

If you need some feedback, on my side, if I had the cash, I would go for the $50 one. But my finance would probably only allow the $25 or $30 one.

But overall, it looks fine and attractive.
xier
Level 1

Totes mah goats

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2015, 12:11:35 PM »

seems a little too cramped for me .. like you have 10, then 14, then 20, then 25 ... narrow this down to one and streamline the goals more. quantity is not better, you want your goals to be as concise as possible 

Currently working on: www.dragonoflegends.com
Feel like connecting? {Twitter}{Facebook}
Sgt. Pepper
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2015, 12:16:03 PM »

How much money do you need to fund the game?! $10,000 seems way too excessive
Visualstorm
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2015, 11:22:28 AM »

I think your rewards list is pretty solid, for our game we did not dare any physical item and we didn't offer anything over 200£, but our goal is modest (at least for some Kickstarter standards)
Chris Koźmik
Level 5

Silver Lemur Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2015, 05:06:58 AM »

How about that one (streamlined & simplified)?

$1 Follower - Thanks!

$10 THE GAME - All above + Digital download of the game upon release (Steam key when available, etc)

$15 Backers only pack - All above + Small cosmetic DLC/pack (like custom throne picture)

$25 EARLY ACCESS - All above + Prototype access (immediate access to the prototype (regularly updated), I'm not accepting complains about playability or balance of that one Smiley) + Thanks in Credits ingame (listed as backer)

$35 Expansionist - All above + The first big expansion (not small DLC) (if it's ever done) + you can name one planet (the name must be decent)

$50 Ethernal expansionist - All above + All future expansions/DLCs (if these are done)

$100 Official sponsor - All above + T-shirt (physical) with a big imperial eagle (and a small text "Pocket Space Empire sponsor") + Thanks in Credits (listed as sponsor)

$150 (limit 50) Artifact/outfit sponsor - Tier $100 + we include an additional alien artifact or governor outfit (your choice) and you will be listed as the sponsor of the artifact/outfit

$250 (limit 30) You being the Emperor - Tier $100 + the artist will make an additional picture of the Emperor based on a photo you provided, it will be a selectable player avatar

$500 Imperial Notepad (physical) - Tier $100 + Artisan made notepad made of natural hide (they assure me it's non human althrough they did not specify if it's animal or alien hide Smiley) encrusted with a metal (tin) imperial eagle (like in the game) + a one page (separate) of simple conceptart/dooddle made by the artist (signed by the artist + a seal of authenticity) (Note: since the notepad and concept art is hand made the pictures below are just an example and the final one will differ - also most likely each copy will differ too)

$2000 (limit Cool Co-producer - Tier $100 + Imperial Notepad + 12 copies of the game to giveout + listed in credits as co-producer (we will consult with all co-producers what the first expansion should be also what to include in the basic game and what should be better for expansion due to added complexity).

$5000 (limit 1) The most die hard fan - You will get any/all rewards below you wish + listed in credits as "The most die hard fan of Pocket Space Empire"

How much money do you need to fund the game?! $10,000 seems way too excessive
$3k-$30k, the crowdfunding would be about $3k (I don't need to cover all the costs via crowdfunding) but I do hope it will end up significantly higher

flap
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2015, 11:44:14 PM »

It looks good to me
Chris Koźmik
Level 5

Silver Lemur Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2015, 12:34:00 AM »

I'm going to start the crowdfunding very soon, if you have other comments/etc please post them now.

Chris Koźmik
Level 5

Silver Lemur Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2015, 01:59:52 AM »

Started the campaign, if you want to observe it's here: http://igg.me/at/pocketspaceempire/ I will post here my "discoveries" on the way, it might be useful to someone Smiley

First thoughts (first 2 days):
- it was definitely a good idea to reduce the number of rewards
- I thought the distribution of rewards would be different... (so I guees it's a good idea to have various priced rewards since you can't predict)
- "fear" is the primary feeling the potencial backers have, I stumbled upon quite a lot of people who loved my concept, rooted for me to succeed, promised to follow/subscribed/etc but said they would not back me before the release because they were burned in the past
- to my surprise in video is not that important, I had poor quality codecs yet no one complained, all they cared about is the concept and the demo Smiley
- demo, demo, demo, it was such a tedious mantra everyone repeated I gave up and tossed one together. As I see it demo is far more important than how you prepare the campaign and you should have a demo even if it's crappy (I think)

Christian Knudsen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2015, 03:30:08 AM »

- to my surprise in video is not that important, I had poor quality codecs yet no one complained, all they cared about is the concept and the demo Smiley
- demo, demo, demo, it was such a tedious mantra everyone repeated I gave up and tossed one together. As I see it demo is far more important than how you prepare the campaign and you should have a demo even if it's crappy (I think)

I absolutely disagree with these two points (and with all due respect, I dont think you can draw these conclusions from a campaign that currently only has 13 backers).

Having a video is important. Having a good quality video that shows potential backers the game in action and isn't just 2 minutes of talking heads is even more important.

If your demo is crappy, don't share it. You'd rather have potential backers seeing the potential of your project than crushing that potential with a crappy demo.

Laserbrain Studios
Currently working on Hidden Asset (TIGSource DevLog)
Chris Koźmik
Level 5

Silver Lemur Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2015, 03:54:17 AM »

I absolutely disagree with these two points (and with all due respect, I dont think you can draw these conclusions from a campaign that currently only has 13 backers).

Having a video is important. Having a good quality video that shows potential backers the game in action and isn't just 2 minutes of talking heads is even more important.

If your demo is crappy, don't share it. You'd rather have potential backers seeing the potential of your project than crushing that potential with a crappy demo.
One thing, I'm not trying to make generic conclusions but to share *my* thougths as the crowdfunding unfolds. So, yeah, it's not necessarily statisticly correct Smiley
(but feel free to continue pointing out the things that don't mix with your experience - that's the point of such discussion :D)

As for the demo, I was thinking the samy you do, but... once I got the feedback from various people I realized they are primarily and mostly driven by fear. By fear of you (or more preciselly crowdfunding in general since they *all* clearly stated it's about their previous experience not about any specific project) not being able/willing to deliver. So, in such case demo is not about showing out the game but about you having a build "I'm not backing anything based on video anymore" is the standard answer Smiley

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic