Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 02:13:42 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesFallout 4 Countdown
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Print
Author Topic: Fallout 4 Countdown  (Read 9392 times)
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2015, 09:14:26 AM »

good thing i don't have an oldass ATI card then B)

btw my definition of "very buggy" = game crashes every 10 min, has several game breaking glitches, etc. fallout new vegas at launch was "very buggy", skyrim wasn't.
Elsaess
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2015, 02:06:15 PM »

I can't say I'm a fan of their foray into mobile, but if Fallout 4 is anything as ambitious as it sounds then I'm excited. The mobile thing really does put me off, though.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2015, 02:07:23 PM »

I can't say I'm a fan of their foray into mobile, but if Fallout 4 is anything as ambitious as it sounds then I'm excited. The mobile thing really does put me off, though.

i can say i'm a fan of it because it's pretty fun.
JWK5
« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2015, 05:38:16 PM »

I wonder if Fallout 4 will do on the PS4 what the Fallout/Elder Scrolls did on the PS3, which is bloat the save file so badly it slows to a crawl and after about 50 hours in your game becomes unplayable (the game literally moves a couple frames every few seconds). They claimed over and over that they fixed it with every new game they released with the engine or some variant of it (from Oblivion onward) and lo and behold, they didn't. So people got screwed over again and again and again.

Maybe the PS4 won't have that problem given the different architecture, but it will be nothing short of comedy if it turns out it does. There should really be some kind of class action lawsuit against them for this shit, because they'd sold a half-functioning product. Skyrim was the last straw for me.
starsrift
Level 10

Apparently I am a ruiner of worlds. Ooops.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2015, 09:23:56 PM »

JWK5, the PS4 is PC (AMD) architecture, not a Cell processor. There's absolutely no reason to expect that it would have a similar bug.

"Vigorous writing is concise." - William Strunk, Jr.
As is coding.

I take life with a grain of salt.
And a slice of lime, plus a shot of tequila.
Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2015, 11:09:03 PM »

It's Bethesda so there'll be a different bug that does the same thing.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2015, 12:48:20 AM »

JWK5, the PS4 is PC (AMD) architecture, not a Cell processor. There's absolutely no reason to expect that it would have a similar bug.

new engine too

i wonder if a wine-style ps4/xbone emulator is going to be a thing in the future
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2015, 04:19:49 AM »

btw i just realized this game FINALLY does away with the separation of exterior and interior maps. about time. it was one of the lamest things in bethsoft games walking into a house and not only having to wait like 30 seconds for it to load (unless u have a SSD) but also realizing the interior of the house is like twice as big as the exterior.

also idk but there's something very satisfying about this cartoony art style. i can't even explain why i like it so much, but the choice of colors really appeals to me.  Shrug
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2015, 06:30:43 AM »

its fallout 3 on an instagram filter bud

jiitype
« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2015, 06:39:19 AM »

also idk but there's something very satisfying about this cartoony art style. i can't even explain why i like it so much, but the choice of colors really appeals to me.  Shrug

I like it too, it reminds me of the 50's ads Fallout gets inspiration from
Faust06
Level 5

terminally laid-back

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2015, 08:38:33 AM »

F4: Falloutcraft
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2015, 12:03:39 PM »

u mean DOGout 4

its fallout 3 on an instagram filter bud

i guess but that ddoesnt mean i can't find it appealing. Tongue i think its the heavy use of bright greens that i like (green is my fave color).

for the record, i didn't dislike fallout 3 and NV's art direction either even if it wasn't amazing or anything.

anyway, im pondering getting the special edition when it comes out. i have no idea why im so hyped for this game lol. i can see how the biowareification of the story could turn out cheesy (esp with bethsoft's trademark shitty writing) and i dont care thaaaat much for the minecraft stuff. maybe it's just that i'm looking forward to revisiting the fallout setting? idk.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 12:10:04 PM by Silbereisen » Logged
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2015, 12:58:57 PM »

im not saying i is forbidden to like it, im just going on the fact that you cant even explain why

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2015, 10:34:57 AM »

i managed to save 10 euros on this gam because i bought the "physical version" which is really just a steam key #yolo
starsrift
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2015, 10:56:48 AM »

i managed to save 10 euros on this gam because i bought the "physical version" which is really just a steam key #yolo

The dollar in my country has rapidly plummeted b/c of the oil shenanigans in the middle east and the market is too small - and close to the US market - for regional pricing, so I'm now paying $80 for $60 gams.

As is coding.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2015, 04:31:05 PM »

this game has pretty good writing and art direction for a bethesda game. it also feels more fallouty than fo3. i like it so far.

EDIT: but its pretty much skyrim with guns gameplay-wise. but that was to be expected.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 10, 2015, 12:47:23 AM »

the face sculpting in this gam is actually less intuitive than the sliders in the last 3 bethesda games. functionally it's still the same tech and the same sliders except obscured by a bunch of convoluted mouse and keyboard commands. the UI in general is very console centric, probably even moreso than fo3 and skyrim. lots of menus require keyboard input for no reason, the amount of info displayed at once on the pip boy is ridiculously low etc. can't wait for a skyUI style interface mod to drop.
Armageddon
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2015, 04:52:34 AM »

I hate this game, mostly. It feels like a downgrade from all the previous games. I do think shooting stuff feels a lot more fun though.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 10, 2015, 08:01:02 AM »

I like this game mostly. It feels like an upgrade from a previous game. I do think the shooting stuff feels a lot more fun though.
starsrift
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2015, 08:21:09 AM »

I dunno about this game. Gunplay feels better, a bit. The XP/levelling system is pants on head retarded. The gun classes are not apparent and dumb. IE: You can get perks to increase damage on automatic weapons, rifles, pistols, and melee. Where do shotguns fit into this? Damage doesn't scale gently with your level (like skill points), since it only increases on perks. Massive jumps. Not played enough to figure out if it just means that levels are now meaningless or that you BETTER buy your next +20% damage perk as soon as it unlocks since the wasteland will throw "level appropriate" enemies at you.

Crafting and settlement management is really nice, but the settlement stuff feels unfinished, since there's few structural options. But I really like that storyline it starts of rebuilding civilization; if only the 'survival' genre games actually did this, I'd play them.

God the UI sucks. Why can't I just use a mouse? Why can't we figure out what Microsoft did years ago and that if you pop up a confirmation dialog, make it really easy to click? I click up here, and then drag the mouse through it's shitty acceleration whatnot all the way down there.

NOT-REALLY-A-SPOILER SINCE IT HAPPENS RIGHT AWAY AND WAS IN THE TRAILERS ANYWAY: Ticking into a suit of power armor and manfighting a death claw in the first hour of the game makes me feel like this game blew its load too early. I got out of the power armor and left it at my growing village because I felt it made the game too easy. Discovering that the game is plainly balanced to try to make you keep it. Or maybe it's that I took END as a dump stat, initially...

Some of the quests are couched in immediacy. The RPS review noted this too, I think. I'm not sure if I like it or not. It feels like a big break from the tone of the game when they happen, and, imp of perversity that I am, inspire me to turn away as soon as I feel like the game's pressuring me to hurry up with that quest.

The level designers did some lovely little things. I was moved when I came across the ruins of a retirement home - in the back, there was a graveyard with three graves. One headstone had a vase of flowers placed in front of it, and the remains of an elderly woman was there in a wheelchair, facing the grave, as if in the face of nuclear annihilation, she had made her last act to go and be with her spouse who had preceded her. There's other little bits like this I've found, but but that was certainly the most touching.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 08:32:52 AM by starsrift » Logged

As is coding.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic