Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411511 Posts in 69375 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 01:19:55 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesSplatoon
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Splatoon  (Read 3772 times)
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2015, 04:31:47 AM »

If it doesn't call it that I don't see why it should necessarily have to be interpreted that way; it even seems quite bizarre to do for a game where you're just shooting ink or whatever. People (even me sometimes; it's hard to shake off) tend to use "die" or "kill" instead of "lose" or "defeat" by habit in a lot of games where that's not actually what's going on (how many people say their Pokémon fainted instead of died, or even that the Pokémon died rather than "I died"? – some people even say they died in Tetris or the like), so I'll just assume this is one of those cases.

Sounds like an interesting game anyhow but I don't think I'll ever like any FPS/3PS simply because of how it controls mechanically. I don't enjoy the gameplay style (not related to killing or wherever; just the mechanics in themselves). Tongue Splatoon might be a bit more interesting tho since it's so much more than perfect aiming from what I've read, but I have no plans on buying a Wii U.

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2015, 08:02:06 AM »

when did nintendo ever make a game that doesn't involve killing or suggested extreme violence in some form

Animal crossing, nintendogs

Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2015, 08:09:55 AM »

torture and dictatorship

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2015, 08:17:26 AM »

Nop
Animal crossing is more about guilt tripping and they tone that down in teh game, there is no consequence for your action and teh sooner you get that, the less guilt you became, however if you are of the tidy compulsive kind ...

Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2015, 08:59:36 AM »

spoken like a true despot

Fallsburg
Level 10

Fear the CircleCat

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2015, 10:42:15 AM »

Well, it's called "splatting" in game, but your little squid soul goes up to squid heaven so  Shrug

I stand by that this game is amazing.  The short matches are just freaking amazing. I wish more games would follow the lead and have matches under 5 minutes.  I would play the hell out of a MOBA that didn't take at least half an hour.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic