Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411496 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 06:48:31 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsCockpit CompetitionFlight 643 [CANCELLED]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Flight 643 [CANCELLED]  (Read 3372 times)
mirosurabu
« on: February 20, 2009, 03:22:54 PM »

Your attention please: All passengers for Flight 643, immediate boarding at gate number 7.

Although I said it's not likely I am going to enter this competition, I got this weird idea (as usual) and was urged to consider it and start a topic, even if I don't make it by deadline. Let's just hope I'll get those three days.

More info:

I recall Love Parade event held in San Francisco back in 2005. Jody Wisternoff, progressive house DJ, was mixing from within airplane. His DJ equipment was acting as airplane cockpit. That's where I got idea from.

It's supposed to be a unrealistic simulation of DJ mixing. Your cockpit consists of mixer and turntables you use to mix the given set of samples. You have one view which shows you the dance-hall filled with your typical clubbers. Your goal is to create as much energy as possible by mixing various samples. The only feedback you receive is your dancing crowd. If it's silent and it's not moving you are doing bad, if it's moving and if they make noise, you are doing well.

It will be simple, but enough innovative. I like the concept. Not sure if I'll make it.

So, my dear audience, what do you think?

« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 11:55:59 AM by Miroslav Malešević » Logged
Traveller
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 03:37:39 PM »

If I knew more about it I might know what to think!  Interesting.
mirosurabu
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 04:03:19 PM »

Okay, okay. It's about DJ'ing. You're a DJ. (Flight 643 a well-known trance production)

Your cockpit is a turntable. The visual feedback is dancing mass, for which I will have to use bone animation. But only if I find this idea tenable.

As I said, it's very specific and it won't appeal to everyone.
Traveller
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 04:06:39 PM »

That's actually seriously awesome.
Synnah
Level 7

La la la la - oh, what fun!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2009, 04:13:14 PM »

A DJing game appeals to me!  Hand Thumbs Up RightBlinkHand Thumbs Up Left

"What's that thing at the end of the large intestine? Because that's exactly what you've done here." - Ray Smuckles, Achewood.

My music. Will compose for free!
Acid
Level 1

A ninja is you!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2009, 07:59:58 PM »

Very nice. WinkHand Thumbs Up Right

I know more people would appeal to that game than you would believe.
mirosurabu
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2009, 02:18:28 PM »

Thank you.

Idea does not seem tenable. But I decided I'll try something with sampling. Jeff Mills shows some decent skills in his

. I want this kind of skill to be required in my game. Rapid hand movement from keyboard to mouse and vice-versa sounds interesting. I'll try to design decent enough keyboard-mouse cockpit interface for mixing and decent enough AI for audience. Might turn out to be something interesting.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 02:36:37 PM by Miroslav Malešević » Logged
mirosurabu
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2009, 05:11:20 AM »

I wonder if this game could be interesting if played by two Wiimotes. Huh?

Or even better - the sensor + gloves combination as in

. That would be great.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 05:36:43 AM by Miroslav Malešević » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic