Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411469 Posts in 69368 Topics- by 58422 Members - Latest Member: daffodil_dev

April 23, 2024, 02:13:05 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamespost your fight sticks / arcades / etc / fighting game discussion
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: post your fight sticks / arcades / etc / fighting game discussion  (Read 5287 times)
majormel84
Level 0

holy shit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: August 02, 2015, 05:58:53 PM »

That went on awhile, didn't it?

systems wise, for a demake it's pretty interesting.

gonna respectfully disagree with some changes to the character archetypes, specifically tanks. these aint bad ideas but hulk's standing heavy punch is pretty damn good as a normal that can anti air(also his gamma crush super works really well when you catch someone off guard)Juggernaut had some nice mobility options due to his brute force. even if a tank had no mobility options, assist can help them get in on their opponent, mostly (in my own experience) through zoning. everything else was fine ( well, maybe except invincible backdashes, i dont know what to feel about that.)

for a demake though i like it, it sounds like a faster marvel with fast short matches, which I think is the goal for a demake.(I GUESS?!?!)

W H Y   M E
baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: August 02, 2015, 06:43:34 PM »

Juggs had two options for Beamers: Headcrush and Juggernaut Punch, both INCREDIBLY unsafe on block - plus, they took a big grip of frames to actually *cross* the screen, and by then the Beamer was safe.

Clearly though, they don't need the "seismic attack" option *AND* the high mobility... or even necessarily "high" mobility - but the need it to be a bit better than it is. Juggernaut almost WALKS faster than he dashes, for instance. Colossus/Sentinel have good dash speed in comparison. But thanks!

majormel84
Level 0

holy shit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: August 02, 2015, 08:16:54 PM »

Juggs had two options for Beamers: Headcrush and Juggernaut Punch, both INCREDIBLY unsafe on block - plus, they took a big grip of frames to actually *cross* the screen, and by then the Beamer was safe.

Clearly though, they don't need the "seismic attack" option *AND* the high mobility... or even necessarily "high" mobility - but the need it to be a bit better than it is. Juggernaut almost WALKS faster than he dashes, for instance. Colossus/Sentinel have good dash speed in comparison. But thanks!

ah, whoops. i haven't really gotten in too deep with mvc2 and my knowledge of juggs was based on mvc1. my bad  Shocked

W H Y   M E
baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: August 03, 2015, 12:04:15 PM »

Understandable. If you've played MvC Origins: He's pretty top-tier in the original MSH; but in MvC2, he only has light/medium Juggernaut Punch, and dashes about half of that speed.

Conker
« Reply #64 on: August 18, 2015, 07:43:29 AM »

Finally got my hands on Blazblue: Chronophantasma for about 2 weeks since my friend came over and owns the Xbox One.

Its pretty amazing. I feel like the game has been changed for the better. I wish it would have a PC release, but with the next BB already in development I fear this won't happen for at least a year or two..

Anyways the game is great and I'm a little disappointed that i'm stuck playing such an older version on PC, but it'll do I guess.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic