Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411603 Posts in 69388 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: gravitygat

May 08, 2024, 01:34:21 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)Any comments on my art direction?
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Any comments on my art direction?  (Read 2059 times)
Sgt. Pepper
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2015, 04:39:28 PM »

The OP pictures kind of remind me of Extra Credits (look it up on YouTube), but overall looks pretty nice
SpaceGoat
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2015, 08:55:37 PM »

Something like this could be made with templates and cut and paste where needed and drawing the rest. You might be able to spend a little more time with stylisation of the characters to make them more recognisable and unique.
Some people might have issues with this way of working but it wouldn't be the first time someone has done it in a digital comic.

I really like the panel with the black hair and shadow, I would suggest going with this direction as it has a lot more going for it in regards to style.

Maybe as well go find some really nice manga textures to use for backgrounds and effects , I found some ages ago on deviantart but lost them somewhere. 

I hope this helps!

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2015, 04:40:56 PM »

you should tell your artist to replace that programmer art in your comic
Still you put the eyebrows and eyelashes, it just looks like  10 years old deviantart anime drawer wannabe and it's ugly.
you should commission someone to do them SD style at least.
Jeesh what's with the hate here? May I remind everyone that this is a forum for AMATEUR game makers, and that the point of posting things is to get CONSTRUCTIVE and TACTFUL feedback from other experienced members of the community?

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic