Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411429 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 02:57:08 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesFavorite Gaming Moments
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Author Topic: Favorite Gaming Moments  (Read 5655 times)
Dinomaniak
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2015, 05:04:07 PM »

Some AMAZING moments :

* Prince Of Persia : Warrior Within - when the prince wearing the mask throws an axe at the initial prince, and you  realize it's you changing this timeline in order to save your other self now so you can kill your other self later and change your fate. That was pure brilliance.

* Final Fantasy 7 - when at the top of the volcano, I expected the game to be complete. Instead, the story goes even crazy-er.

* FTL - completing the game for the first time. I simply couldn't believe I won.

* Abe's Odyssey - those moments when you go like : "Oh, that's how I do it !" and put that on repeat for a lot of levels. Just a wonderful feeling from a fantastic game.

Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2015, 05:52:59 PM »

* Prince Of Persia : Warrior Within - when the prince wearing the mask throws an axe at the initial prince, and you  realize it's you changing this timeline in order to save your other self now so you can kill your other self later and change your fate. That was pure brilliance.

^
This
Blew me away at the time

Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2015, 08:18:57 AM »

More recently, the

is probably my favorite moment of 2015 so far. The electrifying music, spotless presentation and an all-around brutal platforming sequence made it an unforgettable experience and the highest point of this game for me.

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
zilluss
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2015, 08:21:49 AM »

The ladder in MGS3

@zilluss | Devlog  Hand Point Right
gunswordfist
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2015, 06:04:39 PM »

Those rungs knew how to sing!

Indie games I have purchased:
Spelunky
Shoot 1UP
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2015, 11:05:27 AM »

More recently, the

is probably my favorite moment of 2015 so far. The electrifying music, spotless presentation and an all-around brutal platforming sequence made it an unforgettable experience and the highest point of this game for me.

i finally need to play this gam
CaLooch
Level 0

lost in thought...

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2015, 03:31:14 PM »

When my WoW guild killed Cthun for the first time back in 06'.  such a tough raid boss 

Photon
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2015, 07:00:31 PM »

Another oddball perhaps, but the MMBN platformer (Network Transmission is what its called, I believe) for the Gamecube just really captivated me; arguably, its one of the reasons I'm such a Mega Man fan today.

I found myself just totally lost in the sci-fi, cyberspace atmosphere it projected. One reason: THAT MUSIC... THAT MUCH GOOD MUSIC. The SwordMan, StarMan, and PharoahMan stage tunes stick out in particular as really memorable. That fight theme for Zero and the Undernet theme were pretty amazing too.

Plus, the game had no problems sicking classic Mega Man difficulty on you, especially against bosses. I was pretty taken aback by the counter shields a lot of the bosses had; for a little bit I was trying to beat them solely using Navi Megachips because they seemingly bypassed the shields. But you had a lot of options to work with since there were so many battlechips to collect. This led to a lot of tactical switch-ups where'd I'd be moving chip types in and out of my folder (see: Invis) in an attempt to counter some of the crazy nonsense that the bosses would chuck at me (I to this day don't know of any way to dodge Zero's charge attack without Invis.)

Fantastic stuff.
Razz
Level 6

subtle shitposter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2015, 07:44:02 PM »

wow I need to play ori too, that looked great

MeshGearFox
Level 9

When you have no one, no one can hurt you.

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 03, 2015, 08:16:18 AM »

If only my PC could run Ori or it got a 360 port or something :<

J-Snake
Level 10

A fool with a tool is still a fool.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: July 04, 2015, 07:28:47 AM »

How could I forget? Bomberman with friends was the bomb back in the day on the snes! (and I still love it today)

Independent game developer with an elaborate focus on interesting gameplay, rewarding depth of play and technical quality.<br /><br />Trap Them: http://store.steampowered.com/app/375930
Photon
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 04, 2015, 07:35:26 AM »

How could I forget? Bomberman with friends was the bomb back in the day on the snes! (and I still love it today)
Ah, Bomberman. One of those games my father would actually play with us.  Gentleman
J-Snake
Level 10

A fool with a tool is still a fool.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: July 04, 2015, 07:50:44 AM »

What are you waiting for? Give him a shot:)

Independent game developer with an elaborate focus on interesting gameplay, rewarding depth of play and technical quality.<br /><br />Trap Them: http://store.steampowered.com/app/375930
gunswordfist
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2015, 12:13:20 PM »

Bomberman World and 64 give me the fondest memories. The demo alone of World was a lot of fun. PlayStation had the best demoes.

Indie games I have purchased:
Spelunky
Shoot 1UP
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 07, 2015, 07:00:29 AM »

Played Bomberman DS with a bunch of strangers at a Nintendo event when the original DS was brand new. That game was a lot of fun.

Elsaess
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2015, 07:29:02 AM »

SPOILERS FOR METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES

In MGSV: Ground Zeroes, when I entered the prison camp and tried to free the prisoners. They didn't move. They'd already learned that they were completely helpless and, even when the cage door was opened, there was no point trying to run. That was chilling.
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2015, 07:39:04 AM »

Or the programmers were lazy.

Elsaess
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 08, 2015, 07:54:12 AM »

Ha! Unintentional profundity. They were probably busy eating cheese sandwiches during that workday.
MrBones
« Reply #58 on: July 08, 2015, 11:24:28 AM »

Catching Ho-oh is Pokemon Crystal seemed like the greatest thing e ver when I was younger, especially because of everything you had to do leading up to it.

Also the final fight in Ocarina of Time and then finding out you weren't done and having to scale the entire castle again.

In FF7, Vincent's side story. Also, getting some of the summons and killing the different forms of Weapon seemed amazing at the time. Especially the latter, some forms of Weapon seemed near impossible and I think I was almost shaking when I killed one of them with no healing items left and with one party member alive.

Skopgat
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2015, 10:53:12 PM »

Playing Morrowind,  having sunk majority of my free time into the game, and then having to cure myself from vampirism... took me weeks in order to find the book that gave that quest...

..eventually managing to get the quest and complete it, after ages of trying and hunting everywhere...

That first day in the game where I could stand in the sun, unharmed... was awesome!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic