Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411414 Posts in 69360 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 16, 2024, 08:58:47 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsCockpit CompetitionMECH-THING [CANCELLED]
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: MECH-THING [CANCELLED]  (Read 12806 times)
snowymonkey
Level 0

Oo oo aa aa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2009, 07:32:26 AM »

That's looking good, I look forward to crushing things in your mech.

Pishtaco
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2009, 07:35:06 AM »

What's up with the scanlines and the struts - is the front of the cockpit a window, or three oddly-shaped screens?

Evil-Ville
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2009, 10:03:13 PM »

This is how I am going to be doing the enemy graphics in this game. If I want to get this game done in time there's no way I am going to make fully colored AND animated sprites. Besides I think it looks good and this way I can possibly add a lot more different enemies faster.

Pishtaco: They are screens.
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2009, 10:09:54 PM »

Justification for the red is that the computer does this to 'hostiles' to make them easier to spot, right?  Wink
ElTipejoLoco
Level 2

You can call me Edua.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2009, 10:27:07 PM »

Justification for the red is that the computer does this to 'hostiles' to make them easier to spot, right?  Wink

No, they're actually completely covered in bright glowing neon red paint. The enemy faction has absolutely no sense of camouflage, or are overly confident that their favorite color will lead them to victory no matter how easy a target it makes them. (That, or they're aware that all mechs' crosshairs are red, and are hoping this will throw enemy fire off-aim if they can't see their crosshairs in a mass of enemies)

Currently brainstorming for a project
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2009, 10:39:15 PM »

Or, red means you go faster!
r.kachowski
Level 5

and certainly no love below

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2009, 03:45:49 AM »

No, they're actually completely covered in bright glowing neon red paint. The enemy faction has absolutely no sense of camouflage, or are overly confident that their favorite color will lead them to victory no matter how easy a target it makes them.

pgil
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2009, 08:14:05 AM »

Or, red means you go faster!

No, flames on the hood make you go faster.
Evil-Ville
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2009, 05:06:33 AM »

This game isn't turning out to be very screenshottable.

Testing some enemies
Fuzz
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2009, 07:50:26 AM »

This game isn't turning out to be very screenshottable.

Testing some enemies
Will the enemies be simple red forms like that in the final version? I really like the aesthetic of the enemies as they are now.
ElTipejoLoco
Level 2

You can call me Edua.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2009, 07:56:36 AM »

Will the enemies be simple red forms like that in the final version? I really like the aesthetic of the enemies as they are now.

I'll be VERY amused if the demo comes out and it turns out that the enemies are the white-cloud-shaped things.

"WHY OH GOD THERE'S SO MANY WHY OH WHY"

Evil-Ville
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2009, 08:19:33 AM »

Yes
gunswordfist
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2009, 08:43:51 AM »

So since it's LEGAL to work on the competition game in Finland now, here's a video. It shows everything I've done, which isn't much. I don't think I have that much of an unfair advantage over people who haven't started yet.

OH SH!T! That was pretty nice. This Cockpit compo is going to turn out to be great.

Indie games I have purchased:
Spelunky
Shoot 1UP
gunswordfist
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2009, 08:54:20 AM »

This is how I am going to be doing the enemy graphics in this game. If I want to get this game done in time there's no way I am going to make fully colored AND animated sprites. Besides I think it looks good and this way I can possibly add a lot more different enemies faster.

Pishtaco: They are screens.
Having all your enemies red is going to be too cool. It's definitely going to have an old school feel. Plus it kind of reminds me of The Terminator. Keep it up. You could actually win this.

EDIT:

No, they're actually completely covered in bright glowing neon red paint. The enemy faction has absolutely no sense of camouflage, or are overly confident that their favorite color will lead them to victory no matter how easy a target it makes them. (That, or they're aware that all mechs' crosshairs are red, and are hoping this will throw enemy fire off-aim if they can't see their crosshairs in a mass of enemies)
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I laughed so hard during this paragraph. Nothing like super ego enemies.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 09:03:13 AM by gunswordfist » Logged

Spelunky
Shoot 1UP
Evil-Ville
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2009, 12:58:17 PM »

New video

ElTipejoLoco
Level 2

You can call me Edua.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2009, 01:08:52 PM »

You died once. ... Except I guess dying isn't implemented yet.

The health bar being on the right makes it hard to keep track of. But you did good implementing the whole 'bullet hell' thing well.

It looks awesome, though.

Traveller
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2009, 01:09:48 PM »

NIIICE.  Looks playable and fun in just three days!
Evil-Ville
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2009, 01:12:23 PM »

ElTipejoLoco: The bar to the right is for running. The three dots at the bottom are your health. I can see it could be hard to tell at first though.
ElTipejoLoco
Level 2

You can call me Edua.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2009, 01:16:29 PM »

ElTipejoLoco: The bar to the right is for running. The three dots at the bottom are your health. I can see it could be hard to tell at first though.

Oh. Whoops then.

What about the dots at the top? I didn't see them disappear when you killed the enemies, so I'm guessing they're not enemy health...

gunswordfist
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2009, 01:34:22 PM »

New video

Your game is looking way too cool. I think I know who I'm voting for...

Spelunky
Shoot 1UP
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic