Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411471 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58423 Members - Latest Member: antkind

April 23, 2024, 09:50:10 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralfemale protagonist? yes/no?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Print
Author Topic: female protagonist? yes/no?  (Read 8833 times)
ANtY
Level 10

i accidentally did that on purpose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: June 17, 2015, 06:47:25 AM »

How can anyone not have 10 steam games!?

my steam gauge result:
"Over the last 10 years, you've spent 3135.6 hours playing this selection, which includes 223 items, is valued at $XXXX.XX, and requires 736.5 GB"

3135.6 hours...
I need to re-think my lief
where did you find this?

Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: June 17, 2015, 06:48:00 AM »

steam calculator

ANtY
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: June 17, 2015, 07:05:39 AM »

Steam member since: 22nd May, 2007
Found 167 games with the value of $2,123.53 USD and a total playtime of 1,179.40 hours
and 823 of that 1179 hours I spent in one game, huh
and the sad part is that I spent around the same amount of money on CS:GO box openings ;___;

Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: June 17, 2015, 07:11:47 AM »

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $10988 ($2707 with sales)
  • Games owned: 1013
  • Games not played: 784 (77%)
  • Hours on record: 1,142.4h

Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 17, 2015, 07:29:41 AM »

Games not played: 1100 (94%)

Um... I can explain! Embarrassed

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
Jordgubben
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: June 17, 2015, 07:33:34 AM »

3135.6 hours...
I need to re-think my lief

Spread even over 10 years that's actually less than 1 hour/day. Or 2-3 "average length" audio books a month.

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 17, 2015, 08:21:59 AM »

How can anyone not have 10 steam games!?
I don't even have 10 games for any console I own. Why? Because I didn't grow up with a lot of money. When I got older I got money from working of course but kinda lost motivation or interest in playing games (and I had to save up for my first computer of my own or buy an expensive console and didn't have much left for games after that anyway) and these days I'm super picky and don't want most games even tho I actually play games again now sometimes.

So:
1. Almost never had much money.
2. My life has never really been devoted to playing games.
(3. Not very likely there are as many as 10 games on Steam I'd even be interested in playing~)

jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: June 17, 2015, 08:37:53 AM »

(3. Not very likely there are as many as 10 games on Steam I'd even be interested in playing~)

ehhh, i think youre probably wrong about that. its just a matter of having the interest in looking. you probably have a certain impression of steam based on the culture around it (completely valid), but its a pretty deep marketplace and has a lot of really amazing indie titles, experimental stuff, visual novels, etc etc.

Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: June 17, 2015, 08:55:59 AM »

1. I don't play much games anymore
2. I prefer getting the game some other way if possible cuz steam provides no service of value to me
3. I gain no satisfaction from spending money

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
Jordgubben
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: June 17, 2015, 08:59:50 AM »

How do you feel about a female protagonist from a masculine and business stand point?

Is it just me or has this thread derail very far from the original question?

ehhh, i think youre probably wrong about that. its just a matter of having the interest in looking. you probably have a certain impression of steam based on the culture around it (completely valid), but its a pretty deep marketplace and has a lot of really amazing indie titles, experimental stuff, visual novels, etc etc.

How about compiling a list with ten games where every entry fulfils the following two criteria: They are 1) really really good and 2) feature a female protagonist as the only playable option.

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: June 17, 2015, 09:06:38 AM »

The original question has been answered and the answer is "yes, of course".

Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: June 17, 2015, 10:17:14 AM »

How do you feel about a female protagonist from a masculine and business stand point?

Is it just me or has this thread derail very far from the original question?

How about compiling a list with ten games where every entry fulfils the following two criteria: They are 1) really really good and 2) feature a female protagonist as the only playable option.

Can the Blackwell games count? While you can play as the ghost sidekick, the actual protagonists are female.

There are the two portal games, cinders, the path, mirrors edge, noitu love 2, lara croft and the guardina of ligth, aquaria, the longest journey

(im only counting steam. for consoles there is samus)

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 17, 2015, 10:58:35 AM »

i think joe's right, you should make the main character a guy with a large ass and huge gazongas
jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: June 17, 2015, 11:06:09 AM »

There are the two portal games, cinders, the path, mirrors edge, noitu love 2, lara croft and the guardina of ligth, aquaria, the longest journey

there are so many good ones. just adding to your list off the top of my head: parasite eve, resident evil, beyond good and evil series, bayonetta, a number of final fantasy, gone home, crypt of the necrodancer, transistor, gravity ghost, all the alice games, remember me, child of light, broken age (well, that does have both, but), sunset, etc etc etc

b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 17, 2015, 11:39:12 AM »

OP should worry about the gameplay aspect of his game before. If the game is good, female or male or other gender protagonist doesn't matter
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 17, 2015, 12:02:23 PM »

Use female protagonist for sex appeal and make millions.

ANtY
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: June 17, 2015, 12:32:21 PM »

there are so many good ones. just adding to your list off the top of my head: parasite eve, resident evil, beyond good and evil series, bayonetta, a number of final fantasy, gone home, crypt of the necrodancer, transistor, gravity ghost, all the alice games, remember me, child of light, broken age (well, that does have both, but), sunset, etc etc etc
and the walking dead season 2

JWK5
« Reply #97 on: June 17, 2015, 12:55:33 PM »

i think joe's right, you should make the main character a guy with a large ass and huge gazongas

Rufus finally gets his own game?

MeshGearFox
Level 9

When you have no one, no one can hurt you.

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 17, 2015, 03:05:06 PM »

1. I ONLY WANT MALE PROTAGONISTS.
2. I WANT THEM HELD TO THE SAME STANDARDS OF BEING HALF DRESSED AND HAVING JIGGLE PHYSICS THAT FEMALE CHARACTERS HAVE.
3. LITERALLY CANNOT FIND MORE THAN ONE GAME THAT'S JUST FLOPPY DONGS SLAPPING MY FACE WHY IS NOBODY DOING THIS WE HAVE THE FUCKING OCCULUS NOW.
4. DID I MENTION I WANT PENISES.

ANtY
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: June 17, 2015, 03:15:59 PM »

Mount Your Friends

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic