Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411414 Posts in 69360 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 16, 2024, 12:15:50 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessMarketing Monday feedback (I'm @EmotionTheory making #ProjectAscension)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Marketing Monday feedback (I'm @EmotionTheory making #ProjectAscension)  (Read 580 times)
@EMOTIONTHEORY
Level 0

Adam Thompson

View Profile WWW
« on: June 14, 2015, 08:34:19 PM »

Hey guys, I made a comment on reddit in this weeks Marketing Monday post. I'd really appreciate any feedback on my current marketing efforts! Obviously, feel free to post your own comments in the thread on reddit if you're looking for feedback on your own marketing stuff.

I'm going to cross post it here too, since I'd really like to get some feedback from as many people as I can. Here it goes:

I'm Adam Thompson and my one-man studio is Emotion Theory. I'm making PROJECT ASCENSION, a puzzle adventure about transcendence & manipulating architecture.

Emotion Theory Links:
Website | Tumblr | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Google+

Project Ascension Links:
DevLog on Tigsource | Steam Greenlight Concept Page | IndieDB page

**What I want feedback on:**
I want people to follow me and my development updates. I want them to get excited about my game, share my updates, and effectively become *fans*.
For this reason I turned to Tumblr for blogging. Now, I don't know what to do with my dot com. Right now, I put some static content with some info about Project Ascension with a blog link that directs them to my Tumblr blog. I'm thinking of turning it into a static page, or perhaps cross-posting to both my dot com AND tumblr.

I want feedback on what I should do and any general comments and observations on what I have right now. Also, any links to some great blog / static page themes for wordpress or tumblr? Anything, everything!

My excuse for things being a little unattended is I want to make some more substantial progress on my game before kind of overhauling everything. That way I'll have more to show. But I dunno.

**My personal thoughts:**
1 - Right now my tumblr is a bit like a feed where I not only post dev updates, but anything I find interesting - sometimes I write reviews, post game art, and reblog other cool indie games.
I'm wondering if I should keep the tumblr strictly for dev updates, and have other tumblrs for other categorised content? Otherwise I should have a link at the top that links to all posts tagged with my game. Thoughts?

2 - I'm using jetpack on my Wordpress website. It's kind of bloating things up. If I do have my blog also on my Wordpress website, what would you suggest for getting people to follow it, and so on? Should I keep jetpack?

3 - right now my game's *site* is just a subpage of my dot com. I know I need a proper site / landing page. Any suggestions? Also, anyone know how to style a single page of a Wordpress site (in the case I keep it as a subpage, if only for the time being)?

Thanks for all your feedback Smiley

Twitter: @EmotionTheory

DevLog

Making Seed of Life, a meditative game about sacred patterns.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic