Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 07:54:28 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)Wing3D Tutorials
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Wing3D Tutorials  (Read 704 times)
SkyStrider
Level 0

View Profile
« on: June 15, 2015, 02:41:32 PM »

So, after quite awhile of lurking the 3d thread I decided I wanted to try my hand at modelling. I looked up wing 3d tutorials but most were hard to understand or outdated. Does anyone know of any good beginner ones? I'm looking for the basics for someone who has never touched a modelling tool. Thanks in advance!
EvilDingo
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2015, 05:17:13 AM »

Unless you need a specific feature of Wing3D, I'd recommend Blender. I was in your position a few months ago and finally just dug in. I hated Blender - at first. And it all changed when I went into the interface and changed the selection button to be left click instead of right. Selecting with right click being the default in Blender is the only WTF?!?! I've encountered with the later versions. I guess they don't change it because many Blender experts learned on it, but it is absolutely wretched.

Once that is changed, wow, what an amazing modeling program. It blows my mind how great it is now.

Sik
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2015, 09:00:31 AM »

They did do a complete overhaul of the interface with 2.5 so it's not that unlikely. But it all depends on what you learn first honestly (and programs having quirks isn't unusual, it wouldn't be the first time I see a program using right click for selection because left click is used for actions).

That said, Wings3D is definitely easier to get the hang on than Blender. At some point I used to have Wings3D for simple stuff and then moving onto Blender for more complex things.

EDIT: also Wings3D comes with curved cubes (useful to make spheres with skybox-like texture coordinates) while Blender doesn't =| I guess Blender probably has a plug-in for it but doesn't come with the program already.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic