Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411484 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 03:09:46 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsOffering Paid Work[Paid] 2D Artist needed
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [Paid] 2D Artist needed  (Read 2484 times)
locknic
Level 1

Dominic Mortlock

View Profile
« on: June 16, 2015, 07:06:29 AM »

I am a hobbyist developer that has made over 10 small games, and am looking to make my first paid game. This should be a fairly quick job.

I'm working on putting together a prototype of the game this month with just one level to test, and if it works out, then do more levels. I won't talk too much about the gameplay (you can request this), but will detail my requirements here. The art style required is completely up to you, as eventually I intend each level to have a completely unique art style and setting (possibly by a number of different artists). The musician has described the song he is making for the level to be "dark, kinda ambient, chiptune-y, very synth, maybe a little prog-rocky. a little glitch stuff...those kinds of ideas" so something that matches that would be good.

Please contact me if you are interested ([email protected]). Please provide me with some samples of your work, what art style you would like to go for (pixel, illustration, vector, geometric etc), how detailed it will be, and a rough quotation of total cost. Feel free to propose multiple options and costs. The actual content (character, background etc) is very flexible as each level will have it's own setting and not define the game as a whole. (Note: Since this is a prototype I will be favouring cheap/quick styles picking aesthetic over actual detail and quality) Also, if you hear the idea and like it, maybe discuss a split revenue option?

Essentially I will need an enemy sword fighting opponent, and a weapon to fight with. I've made a really quick illustration of the perspective and requirements needed. Detailed requirements underneath. (Feel free to giggle at my awful drawings and understand why I need to hire an artist)

Note: If I refer to "the 8 directions", I mean left right up down, and the four corners.

1) Background
 a) At least one background behind the enemy. (Can be very simple as long as it gives some setting, even something like a street fighter practice room will do fine)
 b) Optional: Propose costs for having a few backgrounds that I can transition instead.

2) Enemy - Will need one enemy with a sword variant weapon. From head to slightly below waist level.(You can give suggestions, but since it is probably easier to draw, a generic futuristic soldier in armour and a helmet will do fine)
 a) Will need a resting sprite, facing the player with weapon drawn.
 b) Sprites for charging up attacks in the 8 directions.
 c) Sprites for attacking in the 8 directions.
 d) Sprites for blocking in the 8 directions.
 e) Sprite for getting damaged.
 f) Optional: If you can provide animations for the resting sprite transitioning into the different positions for a cheap cost, that would be great!

3) Player weapon - Will just need a sword type weapon. (Again this will depend on the rest of the setting, could be a katana, a lightsaber, or even a laser katana)
 a) Resting in the middle of the screen
 b) Sword blocking in 8 directions
 c) Sword striking in 8 directions
 d) Optional: Could just give me a weapon sprite that I can move around the screen in the different directions myself.

4) Misc effects
Depending on what setting we decide on, a bit of misc effects may be needed like sparks.

If all goes well with the prototype, I will likely contact the artist again to get more art again.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 07:57:17 AM by locknic » Logged

Graz73
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 06:12:30 AM »

sounds fun
luxregina
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2015, 07:40:47 AM »

This could be interesting, but I'd like to know more about gameplay and tech used (as it will impact how the assets needs to be delivered)

As for me, here's my portfolio> http://luxregina.com/portfolio/?cat=3 and one of the game that I posted here > http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=36016.msg944692#msg944692

Contact me via PM if interested and best of luck!
Muffinhat
Level 0

COVERED IN BEES HELP

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2015, 09:00:29 AM »

Sent an email.
locknic
Level 1

Dominic Mortlock

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2015, 12:13:09 PM »

Hi everyone, just as an update I have found an artist for the prototype level. However, if all goes well with the prototype level, I'll be looking to commission a number of artists to create their own levels for the game.

I now have a devlog running for the game, so if you want to keep updated on it, you can check it out there! http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=48781.0

Modog
Level 0

Rogue Knight Mage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2015, 06:32:50 AM »

I sent a email

Finding what I can do better
P-Flute
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2015, 11:11:03 AM »

Love the direction this is going in. If you're still thinking about having multiple artists in the end, keep me in mind, check out my portfolio and keep me in mind!: http://kevinedger.com
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic