Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 05:50:47 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)Animation mockup tool?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Animation mockup tool?  (Read 719 times)
Lavesson
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: June 17, 2015, 04:57:42 AM »

Hopefully I'm posting this in the right place... Tongue
I have no idea if this exists, but does anyone know of a tool to do 2D animation mockups from animations in spritesheets?

Right now, we're working on a lot of different kinds of enemies. Whenever creating a new enemy, it's usually a pen and paper process to start with to figure out movement patterns, which animations are needed etc. We usually setup a dummy spritesheet with throwaway sprites in animation tracks and start prototyping things in code to get everything in place. When we're happy with the behaviour, we draw the actual sprites.

It WOULD be much nicer if, given a sprite sheet, we could prototype movements in an animation before even touching the code. Does anyone know if there's a decent tool out there for this?

Muffinhat
Level 0

COVERED IN BEES HELP

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2015, 02:58:08 PM »

If you're using Unity, I think you can actually preview animation clips once you splice a sprite sheet into a sequence. Other than that, there's this right here: http://kleber-swf.com/app/spritesheet-preview/
Miziziziz
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 05:42:10 PM »

wow, @muffin, thanks for that link; I've been looking for something like that as well

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic