Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411281 Posts in 69324 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 09:30:44 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessCritique our presskit?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Critique our presskit?  (Read 687 times)
RareSloth
Level 0

making apps and taking naps

View Profile WWW
« on: June 18, 2015, 05:05:38 AM »

We're releasing Furdemption next week and we'd love to get some feedback on our presskit:

http://raresloth.com/press/furdemption/

Thank you for your time!

Cheers,
Brian

Our mobile games: Yukon Warrior | Furdemption | King Rabbit
RaconteurNick
Level 1

Business Dude @ Raconteur Games

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2015, 09:09:05 AM »

Hi there,

As someone who just went on Greenlight and built a pretty solid presskit, my first thoughts:

* Put your press kit at the TOP of the page. I had to hunt and couldn't actually find anything labeled press kit -- is it the "download all as zip" link?

* Link to it and mention it MULTIPLE times on the page. Make it stupidly simple to find that press kit no matter where on the page you are.

* Put all the contact info FIRST, not later, and all the images underneath. Maybe embed one image or a gallery near the top instead, and the rest at the bottom? All the important stuff seems to take a lot of scrolling, and that can lose people.

Hope this helps! If I can ever be of service to you, feel free to shoot me a PM -- I'm a business student, so I'm not your typical indie dev. Smiley

DanglinBob
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2015, 09:17:34 AM »

Raconteur, that's a standard Do Presskit format, so some of what you say is a little bit off base (but generally good feedback).

The one thing I can say is you can do more linking in the description area. Overall it looks fine but its hard to screw up a Do Presskit format!

That said, make sure when you send this to people you direct link them to the All Assets zip file, as journalists do tend to not notice it. A flaw in the do presskit design, which you cant really control.
RareSloth
Level 0

making apps and taking naps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2015, 04:37:38 AM »

Great! Thank you for the feedback. Smiley

Our mobile games: Yukon Warrior | Furdemption | King Rabbit
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic