Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411511 Posts in 69375 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 12:38:47 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsProgramer (unity) wanted for Katamari-like action RPG (kickstarter)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Programer (unity) wanted for Katamari-like action RPG (kickstarter)  (Read 853 times)
Zzep Games
Level 0

View Profile
« on: June 19, 2015, 03:08:37 PM »

I'm looking for an experienced Unity programer to help me develop my game 'Sword & Slime'

Game premise:
Sword & Slime is essentially side-scrolling Katamari-Damacy meets action-RPG. In the game you are challenged to learn enemy attack patterns and defeat them in battle before you are able to eat their corpses to grow larger! Growing lets you level-up and gives you powerful new attacks and perks to use on larger and larger enemies as the cycle continues. You'll start a run struggling against rats and end it devouring dragons!

Story:
The story is just a simple bit of exposition to get the ball rolling: You play as the anti-hero "Goop". Goop was once a massive all-powerful slime until humans came into his dungeon and cut him down to bits. Narrowly escaping as a tiny droplet, he vowed to take revenge against the humans. But he knew that he was ultimately outmatched by their advanced spells and weaponry; so he decided to beat them at their own game! Drawing a sword from an old skeleton, he began to learn the same skills and techniques used to defeat him. Whats stronger than a great warrior? A great slime warrior of course! Guide goop in his quest reclaim his true form and defeat the humans that took it from him.

About me:
I'm an artist and a designer and that's exactly what my role would be on this project. I have worked on several games in the past, but I haven't properly shipped anything outside of tiny projects (PM me if you want more information on my past games).

Some art for this game:
https://blairceradsky.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/goop5.png
https://blairceradsky.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/slimesize.png

Some of my art from other projects:
https://blairceradsky.wordpress.com/

I have a lot of the nitty-gritty mechanics planned out so PLEASE; feel free to PM me if you want more information on specific details of the game.
But of-course; planning isn't everything when it comes to game design. I need a programer to help me prototype and tweak this idea to make sure that the concept works and is worth pursuing!

What I'd need from you (generally):
-some examples of your previous work
Prototype requirements:
-a growth system (The slime's hit-box and attack-boxes will need to grow)
-camera that can zoom in/out
-platforms and a jump-down feature
-enemies/basic combat
-slime levels, attacks and perks
-a basic combo-counter
-any programing-based visual effects/ sprite implementation

We would collaborate through drop-box and skype to create the game (I have several years of experience developing games like this). After we get the basics of the game finished my plan is to form a short but exiting trailer that we can use in a Kickstarter. I only want to spend 3 months on the project before we go to kickstarter (the deadline may be unreasonable/extended, but its good to have a strict goal either way). I would expect you to work at-least 4 hours or more on weekdays to help us create a polished and confident Kickstarter (I'd also want you to Skype-call with me directly as we work to form an extra layer of accountability)!  And sadly I could not pay you until post-kickstarter which I'm sure will be a turn-off to some talented programmers Sad But I have a lot of confidence in my idea and I hope that someone out there is willing to take a chance on Sword & Slime!

Contact me through PM or add me to Skype@ blair.ceradsky
crusty
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2015, 04:39:59 PM »

Hey I'm doing my own thing right now but I just wanted to say what a cool idea I think this is!

I have thought a bit before about how to implement a 2D world that scales up/down seamlessly, and I would love to see what you eventually come up with!  I just really love the idea of an ocean becoming a puddle as the player grows.  I'm sure it can be done with some clever level design and artwork.

Do you have a twitter?  I want to follow your development on this.

Caravan: devlog | website
Zzep Games
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2015, 06:16:54 PM »

crusty, Thanks for your words of encouragement!
I already have a promising programer interested in the project so we'll see how it goes Tongue
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic