Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 06:31:17 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsTransumancia
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Transumancia  (Read 680 times)
nuno
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« on: June 20, 2015, 07:14:09 AM »

So a few months have passed since the release of Autumn, and I've been spending loads of time since then brainstorming and planning my next game. Many different ideas popped up, but in the end I finally took the decision to put all of them aside but one (and hell, this is hard to do, especially when you are not sure if you made the right choice).

Anyway, I officially started it yesterday and its code name is Transumancia, which may or may not end up being the final name too.
Transumancia is the portuguese word for "transhumance", the movement of people and cattle according to the seasons. Wikipedia will explain it better Wink

I'm not even 50% sure of the goals, mechanics and some aspects of the game, but if I wait until I have 100% clarity, then the day will never come Wink So I'm starting with what I have now, and with the hope that as time goes by, as I begin to play the first prototypes, new and better ideas will come.

I know that many people only start devlogs around here when they have a lot of stuff to show, but I enjoyed me previous devlog where the whole journey was recorded from day 1, so I'm doing the same again this time.

For now, I'll leave this pic here, just to remind me that all things, big or small, start from scratch Smiley

nuno
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2015, 06:26:30 AM »

i'm trying to start with a good base, so I'm implementing my own style of an entity-component-system to run the game.

I've now began to test a simple day-night cycle (which will be an important aspect of the gameplay), and implemented a first draft of a sheep brain Smiley yes, those are the blue squares below... (art will come later). Right now they roam, search for food, and sleep... the fun stuff will be added soon

nuno
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2015, 11:51:52 PM »

First video of a simple day/night cycle test... with my own fakey global illumination Wink

Octurnip
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2015, 01:25:45 AM »

I like seeing projects in Love2d, something I never could get too fond of, because I like the ideas it promotes - what platforms are you planning on bringing the game to?

@octurnip - Check out our game Cassus!
nuno
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2015, 01:35:08 AM »

I like seeing projects in Love2d, something I never could get too fond of, because I like the ideas it promotes - what platforms are you planning on bringing the game to?

All my games are in Love now, I love it Wink

This will be in Win+Mac+Linux, the ones Löve supports

nuno
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2015, 10:06:45 AM »

is that a 3-eyed alien sheep or do they just enjoy being close together?  Grin

plus, very cute to see the eyes blinking in the dark

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic