Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 06:48:46 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessCalling press sites?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Calling press sites?  (Read 962 times)
Miziziziz
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« on: June 22, 2015, 10:19:47 AM »

I read an article where a journalist recommended calling press sites instead of emailing; has anyone tried this? where on earth do you find their phone numbers?

ash87
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2015, 11:41:53 AM »

Just looked this up for the fun of it.

IGN's phone number (This is to their main office) is 1-415-696-5453. That is available on their website.
MMORPG's address is: 1704 Llano St Santa Fe, NM 87505 (Again, available on their website). Couldn't get a phone number with that.

Polygon, Gamespot, and the Escapist I couldn't find anything for, but they do have "About" pages, with names... might be able to use linkedin or something like that to locate the people you need.
Miziziziz
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2015, 01:47:57 PM »

oh shit thanks

guess I should (sigh) finally start dicking around on LinkedIn

IMBizMan316
Level 0

A member of the notorious Korean cult, Fakedice

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2015, 01:20:51 AM »

I tried this many times but in most cases, your call goes automatically into their voice machine.  One time kept trying to reach Gamespot, and finally I was able to reach one of the editors.  I asked him if he read my email, and said he would check, and that was the end of the story. Wink

The game I'm working on -> Dicetiny on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/318090
PixelJunkie
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2015, 01:47:22 AM »

Just looked this up for the fun of it.

IGN's phone number (This is to their main office) is 1-415-696-5453. That is available on their website.
MMORPG's address is: 1704 Llano St Santa Fe, NM 87505 (Again, available on their website). Couldn't get a phone number with that.

Polygon, Gamespot, and the Escapist I couldn't find anything for, but they do have "About" pages, with names... might be able to use linkedin or something like that to locate the people you need.

Do people seriously still use outlets like gamespot for video game information nowadays? I would think the best way to get buzz on your game is on youtube, by convincing someone who is decently popular on youtube to try the game out. That's where most of the indie games that made millions got their spotlight.
DanglinBob
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2015, 09:10:27 AM »

Phone does work if you can get ahold of someone... just make it short and to the point.

Squeaky wheel gets the grease!
Kevinfu510
Level 0

aparently the picure looks weird when resized...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2015, 11:26:14 PM »

Do people seriously still use outlets like gamespot for video game information nowadays? I would think the best way to get buzz on your game is on youtube, by convincing someone who is decently popular on youtube to try the game out. That's where most of the indie games that made millions got their spotlight.

agreed, Let's players with a "Let's look at" / "Indie spotlight" like Millbee, NorthernLion and his gang are really good choices.. but keep in mind,(for example) People that usually play City builders/Simulation games won't greatly comment/pick on your RPG platformer.

and when Big time youtubers/Let's players get a hand on your game... you know you're good to go!
most Let's players have their emails posted on their "About" page on their channel/ on their channel banner...
you can give free press releases/game keys there! who will complain on about Free games?  Well, hello there!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic